Chapter II

Disclaimer! I do not own any of the characters, they all belong to Shonda Rhimes and ABC.

I'm not a native speaker, so I'm sorry for any mistakes I may have.

I don't actually know much about medicine, given I'm just 14 y/o, so there's a probability that my medical explanations aren't accurate.

A/N: Amelia doesn't have any adictions. She deserves to be happy. 

______

It was a calm day at the Mass Gen, or how the doctors like to call it a 'dead day', but never really saying it out loud. Most of the interns and residents were either checking on their patients or hanging out somewhere in the hospital, gossiping about their colleagues and their personal lifes.  

Well, it wasn't Meredith's case, she had at least five charts that needed to be updated before the end of the day, and since the new neuro attending she was working with seemed to hate her, she needed to put double effort on them. It was better when she was with Amelia, but she took the day off to spend it with her ex-sister-in-law before she started working here tomorrow.

Meredith was excited to meet the woman, Amelia couldn't stop talking about her, but at the same time, she was anxious, the idea of Addison, as Amelia told her she was called, not liking her was suffocating her to a point where she preferred to just disappear, rather than risking herself. 

Don't panic Meredith.

She took deep breaths and shook her head, if this helped her friends maybe it could help her too, right?

Once she was finished with the charts she was updating, she started looking for her attending to give them to him. As always, he was in his office, sitting at his desk to make it seem as if he was busy. 

"Doctor Daniels? I finished the charts you asked me to do." She told him from the doorway, fearing to get in.

"Leave them in my desk and then go to the clinic." He answered without looking up from his phone. "Do something useful."

"But I'm not allowed to go to the clinic." Meredith stated, staring at his general direction. 

"On whose orders? Your laziness?" Daniels mocked.

"The laziness can't give orders." She said with a frown. 

"I was being sarcastic here, doctor Grey." Was his reply. "If I say you go to the clinic, you go, I don't care who said you can't go."

Meredith didn't reply, she just left his office and made her way to the clinic, there was no need to fight, even if she knew he was doing the wrong thing by disobeying the chief's orders of not sending her to the clinic, but still, he was still new at the hospital and probably didn't have any idea about this rule. 

As she continued to think about it, she realized that he wasn't the only one doing the wrong thing, she was doing so by going to the clinic, but it was an order from  a superior, and it's incorrect not to follow his orders so, was it really wrong to go to the clinic? She shook her head and send away the thoughts, they were distracting.

The clinic, as usual, was full with people with flu, pain in the stomach or common cold, there also were a few with infected cuts. Shaking away the dread of getting sick, she made her way towards the nurses station to be asignated to a patient. It was a seven years old boy with pain in the lower part of his stomach, after a quick check up, Meredith deduced it was appendicitis and paged peds.

The next patient was a 49 years old woman with the symptoms of a common cold, she treated her as fast as possible and moved on to the next one, it was the same thing. As she was treating the seventh patient, Catherine Avery made an appereance, looking as mad as someone can look.