Homecoming

A short Olicity drabble set after 3x09 of Arrow, written because Felicity loves Oliver. I'm not too sure why she has such issues saying so.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Felicity didn't remember the last time she'd eaten, or slept since Oliver left. Malcolm Merlyn had said Oliver was dead, and Felicity believed him. She sat in the dark of the Base, with no more energy, no more tears to cry, unable to comprehend that she would never feel Oliver's touch again, never hear his voice again or never see his face, ever again.

"Just the thought-" She choked, gazing into Oliver's sympathetic blue eyes. "Of losing someone that important to me again--" The tears in Felicity's eyes threatened to spill over, and Oliver touched her elbow lightly.
"Hey-" Oliver whispered softly, sad to see Felicity so upset. "You're not gonna lose me."

Oliver had promised her that he would come back, that she wasn't going to lose him, and now it felt like a hole had been punched through Felicity's chest. He went off to fight one of the most lethal men on the planet, and she was told he would never come back to her. That was just too much to deal with. Felicity stood from her chair, shuffling towards the entrance of the room Oliver slept in since he lost QC. Felicity did end up buying him a bed, which he said he loved. Sitting on the soft mattress, tears slipped from Felicity's lashes, as she laid down, taking off her glasses. He was gone. The man she loved more than anything on the face of the earth was gone.

"OLIVER!!" Felicity screamed, unable to control herself. She wrapped herself up in the blankets, sobbing. "Wh-why?!"

...

Felicity had calmed down a little after she screamed and cried for a little while. She inhaled the scent of the blankets, imagining Oliver curled up next to her, tears still falling. Oliver's scent was so comforting, but also so upsetting, because she'd never see the source of it again, and that made her start crying again. It was a vicious cycle.

...

"Felicity..." Felicity heard Oliver's voice in her dream, making her smile. She rolled over in the bed, seeing his face. "Mm, I'm dreaming."
"No Felicity, I'm home." Oliver whispered. "I'm home." Felicity sat bolt upright, yanking him by the shirt up with her.
"O-Oliver?!" Felicity's voice broke, cupping his rough cheeks, shaking her head, trying to wake herself up.
"You're not dreaming Felicity." Oliver soothed, kissing her softly. "I'm here." Felicity started crying again, hugging him so tightly she couldn't breathe.
"Oliver!" Felicity cried, breathing heavily. "Oliver! Meryln s-said--"
"Shhh, Felicity, I know. You're okay, you're okay, I'm here." Oliver soothed, rubbing Felicity's back, trying to get her to calm down.

"You were gone for weeks!"
"I know. Ra's, he killed me. I was dead, Felicity. Tatsu, a woman who I met in Hong Kong brought me back to life."
"W-what?" Felicity gasped, running her hands though Oliver's hair. "He- he stabbed you with the blade Malcolm brought back?"
"Malcolm had the blade?"
"He brought it back to us, but that doesn't matter. Where did he stab you?" Felicity brushed her hands over his shoulders worriedly.
"Here." Oliver murmured, unbuttoning his shirt, pulling it open to show Felicity his new scar just under his right pec. Felicity covered her mouth with both hands, choking on her tears. "Hey, hey-"

Oliver wrapped his arms around her again, shushing her, while stroking her hair. "Felicity, just calm down. You're okay, I'm here." Even though Oliver was repeating the same thing, it became more soothing as the seconds went on. He kissed her neck and cheek, so overjoyed to see her again.
"I love you, Oliver." Felicity cried, nuzzling his neck with her tear stained nose. "I l-love you!" She coughed, sniffling. "I love you so much. I'll never be able to say it as much as I do." Felicity kissed his neck, pushing her hands around his back, under his shirt, kissing his cheek.
"It's alright." Oliver breathed, planning to hold Felicity for the rest of the night, just the way he was.