Eleven | Daisy

- Aviva Jones -

12 Years Ago

"Levi! Take care of your sisters, don't run off to far." Mom says. He nods as I run through the fields toward the lake in the middle of the flower field.

"Catch me if you can Riva!" I scream, giggling as my sister catches up to me.

"Aviva, come with me. I want you to meet my friend Caleb." She holds my hand and I slow down as she drags me to a group of family of four. A dad, a heavily pregnant mum, and two sons.

As we get closer, she lets go of my hand and we reach the family.

"Hello, Mrs Hayes! This is my little sister Aviva." She introduces. Mrs Hayes beams at us, while rubbing her belly.

"Hello again Riva, your little sister is beautiful. Nice to meet you Aviva."  I wave meekly and walk over to the sons.

There's one that looks my age. I think. He's got dark brown waves, with big hazel eyes. He's pretty. Right now, he's lying on the grass. I peer over him and his eyes widen, shrink again and he grins at me.

Then he sits up and pats the patch of grass next to him. I take that as an invitation to sit.

"Hi, my name's Cameron! What's your name?" He asks staring into my eyes.

"Aviva. But all my friends call me Avi." I speak. I begin to squint as the brightness of the sun, hurts my eyes. He notices and moves from next to me, to in front of me. Blocking the suns harsh rays.

"Better?" I nod and give him two thumbs up. He takes this as a sign and fist bumps me.

"Your hair looks nice; the butterfly clips are a nice touch." He compliments. "But you're missing something." Looking around for something.

Eventually, Cameron picks a daisy amongst the grass and places it behind my ear, bouncing the loose coil that didn't make it into my puffs.

"Thank you Camcam."

"Camcam?" He laughs, "That's a strange nickname."

"You can give me a nickname if you want." I offer.

"What's your surname?" He asks turning around on his stomach, resting his head in his hands.

"Jones."

"Well then, that's what I'll call you. Don't let anyone else call you that ok?"

I roll my eyes and turn my head away trying to conceal my smile.

He turns my head back to face him, "Hey, I'm this way. Do you need glasses or something?"

My jaw drops and he gets up running away. I shortly get up and run after him, arms waving in the process.

Then I come up with an idea. I drop on the ground and flail my arms dramatically as I reach the ground. He stops and runs to me in panic. I play dead as he shakes me violently.

"Hey! Jones, I'm sorry. You don't need glasses. Or maybe you do. But wake up!" He begs.

I roll over and begin to laugh, "You're so gullible. I bet you'd believe anything I told you." He grumbles under his breath and runs to his mom.

Oh, ok. Bye then.

Eventually he runs back to me and gives me a hug, "I'm going home now. But I'll see you around Jones. Don't forget me!" He yells, running over to his family, who are already walking away.

Levi and Riva collect me as we go eat our picnic.

He'll be hard to forget...

****