Chapter 10

Here it is hope it's good :)

"You...you..."

"I love you, Aries." His hands fall onto my jaw, wiping each tear that streams down my reddening cheeks. "I love you." His words are a faltering whisper, forehead pressed tight against my own as he holds me close to his chest, his clothes letting off the scent of the salty night air as he embraces me, his own tears dripping down my cheeks.

I've waited so long for this moment, daydreamed endlessly about how it would all go down. How I would grab hold of his face and kiss him until I lost my breath. How I'd pull him by the hand to somewhere private, how I'd finally know what being human truly felt like, to have him against my skin and know the taste I've longed for for so long.

But now with the moment in front of me I'm at a loss for words, my water soaked arms running up to stroke the spikes of his hair, burying my face into the side of his neck as we stand in silence, my heart jolting as I realize what this means.

I've had true love's first kiss. I'm going to live.

A smile stretches across my face at the thought, of being here with Jacob and Cas. In the back of my mind there are still questions needing answers but I allow myself a moment longer of peace before I open my mouth. "Max...?"

"Is gone." Caspian answers for me, head nodding towards the beach.

In the sand lies a soft powder as I've come to know it. It's similar to the contents of the jar that'd held Ariel, my hand drawing to my mouth as the connection is made.

That's why he ran. He'd never completed his quest. He was hiding from her.

With a crash the waves drag his form into the water with open hands, the flick of a pink tail showing in the horizon as the powder drifts farther out into sea, the blonde head peeking up for a moment as she gathers the material into a jar, smoothing on a label with her thumb.

My heart stops as the witch comes onto land, pink tail transforming into a flowing dress, her hair dripping as she awaits us on the beach, heels clicking together impatiently.

"Aries." Her red lips purse together, body bending over her knees as she looks from one of us to the next, a bitter smiling making its way to her sinister lips. "As law has it I believe I owe you a wish."

I don't hesitate. I know what I want. I've known for a long time now. My chest closes as I speak my words, fingers slipping between Jacob and Caspian's hands with a smile. "I wish to be part of this world," I speak, the weight those words have held releasing itself after so long. "and mine. And for my brother to join me in both."

"Done, boy." Smiling, she walks into the sea without looking back, leaving the three of us stranded on the shore, eyes watering as I stare into the sea, stare into the world I had once known but will never forget. The sea is a part of me and Cas and who we are and forever will be. We're mermen. But now, with Jacob's hand clasped tight around my own, his lips bringing themselves to mine as we stand on the beach, me and Jacob, Cas and now Becca. We've found our happily ever after in the most unlikely of ways.

I kiss him back, hand delving into his hair as he grabs me by the waist. True love's kiss for the rest of our lives.

With Jacob in my arms and Caspian by my side I have found my part in this world.

---------------------------------------------

I cried writing the end of this. Thanks for being so patient and sorry this took SO FREAKING LONG

If you haven't noticed that the title has been changed from 'completed' to 'book 1' its because I'm doing a little disney series. idk if it will be just these two stories or more but get ready to meet the next disney dude in....

Cinder

;) see ya soon