8 - Ghost

My leg bounced as time passed in the foyer

My leg bounced as time passed in the foyer. Since I called Audrey, I haven't been myself and the room I stayed in was just becoming too cramped. I sat on the white marble stairs with my hands in my hair, the moonlight shining through the windows.

Even though the house was silent every day since the night, the thoughts in my head made it impossible to bear. As I looked up at the window far in front of me, I took in a deep breath.

Liam almost died.

Fucking died.

My phone dropped to the floor when those words left Audrey's mouth. Thank the demons he survived but he'd need to be on bed rest for at least two weeks which won't end well, I was sure of it. Liam wasn't the type to lay around and do nothing when he was injured. Although when his inner self was first shattered after she died, it showed he was certainly capable of sitting around. Not that it was a good thing.

As much as it was hard on both of us, the best choice for him would've been to occupy himself with some sort of workload to get his mind off the tragedy.

But I don't blame him. Even this incident showed he was vulnerable and that alone almost killed him.

And Alex came back to their estate covered in blood. Most of it, being his own.

My heart ached to know I wasn't there to take care of him and kill the people responsible for his pain. Not only Alex's but Liam's too. If I learned one thing from years and years of friendship, is that my best friend's happiness comes first. Liam was and still is her happiness while she's busy dethroning Satan himself.

And for some reason, I feel entitled to help him. He made her happy. And I know that this loss hit him the worst out of all of us even if he did know her the shortest.

"Margo?" Laura's light voice whispered from behind me. I quickly wiped a tear rolling down my cheek before looking up at her, standing at the very top of the grand stairs. "Hey," my tears slipped from my eyes as my best friend walked down the few stairs towards me. "Mar," she sat down next to me as her arms wrapped around my body. I leaned into her, letting my emotions slip through.

For some reason, I thought that letting it all out was the best option in this situation. But as the tears fell and my brain started to rethink my entire existence, I wasn't crying only because my boyfriend was hurt or that my best friend's man was almost killed, I was also crying because of how much I missed Celeste and how the world was slowly killing itself with all of the greenhouse gases.

I guess it made some sense that I started my period because I would not be fucking crying over global warming on a regular day. Not that it isn't an immensely important problem for humanity.

"What's wrong?" She asked me as her hand gently caressed my head.

"Alex got hurt and Liam almost died." I paused for a moment to get a breather. "But like actually died for a few minutes before he was brought back." Laura gently pushed me back, tilting my head back to face her.