12. Steven the Sword Fighter

How are already nearly at 50k in reads and 3k in votes...That's jut insane...Thank you everyone.

It was a rare rainy day in Beach city, at the beach house Lion was lying outside under the porch of the house, he yawns and curls up getting ready to take a nap.

Inside however Steven, Y/n and the Crystal Gems are sitting inside Steven's bedroom and eating popcorn, watching Lonely Blade IV in Japanese with English subtitles. On the TV screen, two characters confront each other.

"It was you! You were the one who killed my brother. Cursing me to fight alone forever!" One of the characters says in Japanese.

Amethyst was laid down on Steven's bed upside down looking at the TV. Steven himself was laying belly-down on top of Garnet's hair while Y/n was sat in between Pearl and Garnet.

"Oh Lonely Blade, you so lonely." Steven comments.

"You think you can defeat me? The President of the Shadow Samurai Government?!" Another character on the screen says before he unsheathes a hidden sword in his mop.

"What?!" Steven cries in shock. "The janitor is the evil samurai president?! That's bananas!"

"Oh come on, it was so obvious." Pearl says looking up to Steven and getting his attention. "He's been mopping in the background of every fight scene." She picks up a case and shows Steven the movie cover box. "Look, here he is on the cover of the box."

Steven looks at it. "Oh yeah."

"For my honor and for my brother! I will strike you down!" Lonely blade says in Japnese on the screen before he  unsheathes and joins two swords together. "Boomerang Blade!" He throws the combined swords.

Samurai President leaps upwards and thrusts down his sword. "Piercing Shadow of a Thousand... Screams!"

 "Go, Lonely, go! Do the Boomerang Blade again!" Steven cheers.

"Oh come on, this is ridiculous. Just look at their form, this is nothing like real sword fighting." Pearl complains but Garnet and Amethyst shush her.

Y/n just chuckles. "It's just a movie, Pearl. I wouldn't take it to heart...or Gem I suppose." He says unsure. 

Pearl just closes her eyes. "Well, if you two ever want to see a demonstration of proper sword techniques, I'd be happy to show you." She says. 

Steven puts his hand on Pearl's head getting her attention and she turns to see Steven staring at her excitedly. "Now?" She asks surprised. 

The group had moved to a large open area with tiled ground and marble obelisks lining both sides of the area. The place is surrounded by low hanging clouds.

Pearl was holding two swords in her hands. "Alright, in order to give a proper demonstration I'm going to need a sparring partner." 

Steven tries to raise his hand and Garnet immediately lowers it. 

"Luckily, I have the perfect candidate right here." Pearl says and she does a short ballet and summons a Holo-Pearl with her gem.

"Cooool! Hologram Pearl!" Steven says.

"Wow fancy." Y/n comments.

Amethyst who was lying on a small cloud groans. "Ah, geez."

"Do you wish to engage in combat?" The Holo Pearl asks speaking in a robotic way.