ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴛʜɪs ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"Anna sweetheart, Nalani and Saoirse are at the front door!" My dad yells at me but I don't move nor say a word. I just stay in my bed while looking outside my window.

"Anna?" Saoirse knocks sweetly. "Can we come in? We brought you your favorite." Saoirse chirps excitedly as she opens the door and waves a bag in the air. I look at her and shrug welcoming them into my room.

Saoirse sighs and sits at the edge of the bed while Nalani takes a look around my room.

I haven't cleaned my room in three days, there's books, clothes, unfolded laundry, towels, dirty plates and water bottles lying randomly on my floor.

"Annaleah what the hell has gotten into you?" Nalani deadpans as she spins around in her heels to face me.

"Nalani!" Saoirse warns and Nalani shakes her head no.

"Uh-uh, we've been nice, we've been patient, we've been understanding yet I don't see any results on her part," She responds to Saoirse and points to me with her gaze. Saoirse scoots up from the edge of my bed and lands next to me pulling my body into her. Her arms wrap around me while I lay my head in the crook of her neck.

"Annaleah," Nalani says sweetly this time, finally calming down. "I know something is up, I know something has happened. Why can't you just tell us? Perhaps we can help." Nalani says and she shifts her sight between Saoirse and I.

I shake my head no and Nalani sighs dropping her body onto my bed. Saoirse pulls me away from her cupping my cheeks in her hands. She soothes my hair and places the lose ends behind my ear, she gives me a small reassuring smile before speaking. "I love you. And all I want to do right now is stay here, hug you and hope to god that you'll tell me what happened to make you lose all the bright parts that I absolutely love about you," She grasps my hands in hers and squeezes them. "But the only person who can help you out of this, is yourself. Nalani and I can't do that for you, what we can do is sit here and listen but we both know you won't talk about this, not until you fight your way out of this dark mind game you're having with yourself and allow yourself to talk about whatever happened," She pulls me in for a tight hug before standing up and grabbing Nalani's arm in a tight grip.

Nalani looks up at her confused while Saoirse drags her out of my room. "But- why? We need to be here?" Nalani argues and Saoirse shakes her head. "She needs to find herself in order for us to be here because the person sitting on that bed isn't our Annaleah." She says pushing Nalani out of my room and smiling back at me.

"We're one phone call away." She smiles understandingly and closes the door behind her.

I lay back on my bed and look around my room re-playing the words Saoirse said to me a minute ago. "the only person who can help you out of this, is yourself," "not until you fight your way out of this dark mind game you're having with yourself," "allow yourself to talk about whatever happened," "she needs to find herself," "this isn't our Annaleah,"

This isn't our Annaleah.

This isn't me.

I stand up from my bed in realization and look around trying to find a suitcase and clean, folded clothes. I pace around my room back in forth folding clothes and placing them neatly on the suitcase. I grab my toothpaste, toothbrush, hair brush, perfume and deodorant and place them in the corner of my suitcase. After i'm done I take a mental note of everything I have in my bag and take in a deep breath.