Chapter IV

As we head down the mountain and buy a straw basket for Nezuko to hide in when it's light out.

"Tanjiro I can just get this umbrella," I say holding a red oil paper umbrella. "This will do the trick so you only have to carry Nezuko."

"Good idea," Tanjiro says as Nezuko stinks into a child. "Did she just shrink into a child?"

"Yeah, that's probably one of her demon traits," I say as we put her in the basket.

As we're heading towards the location Gyiuu told us, Tanjiro and I decide to stop at a nearby temple for the night. As we get closer Tanjiro and I look at each other with the same look, smelling blood. We run off heading towards the smell of blood.

When we get to the temple, we find a demon feasting on several humans. The demon sees us and charges for us and Nezuko gets out of the basket staring at the humans, mouth watering behind the bamboo. I run towards Nezuko, but she turns around from the bodies and charges at the demon kicking its head off.

The head goes flying as I drop the closed umbrella, staring at the now headless demon. How the fuck is it still alive? The head rolls to the ground but the body still stands. The head starts to roll towards Tanjiro lashing out at him as the body starts to attack Nezuko. I make the split-second decision between Nezuko or Tanjiro.

I run towards Nezuko attacking the body, forcing it closer to the cliff, till finally with one finally with one synchronized kick, Nezuko and I kick the body off the cliff killing it as Tanjiro disables the head.

A man in a tengu mask appears and says, "Just stabbing the head won't do it."

"Then what will?" Tanjiro asks arm raised hesitating to smash it.

"A Nichirin blade or sunlight. Your sisters can't ever go in the sun."

Nezuko's hiding in the temple as the sun starts to rise. Welp. I guess I'm gonna die today. The sun comes up and the demon head in front of me starts to disintegrate, flaking away like ash when you burn paper. I look down at my body.

"Huh? Wait, I'm not disintegrating like that other demon! Woho!" I shout running into the sunlight.
I freeze in my tracks. "How's this possible?"

"I don't know how but I was going to train your brother, I'll train you too. If you want," the man says.

"Sure."

"Follow me. I'm Urokodaki Sakonji."

"You're the one Giyuu told us to go to," Tanjiro says as we get Nezuko in her basket as she sleeps and follow Urokodaki.

A special thanks to:
ShiroKagura60, GachaMayUwu, and princesslosi

Thank you for your vote!