chapter four

Sumayya couldn't stop smiling.

The cute little ring on her finger sparkled in the dark night as she kept staring at it with a dreamy smile on her face. A sigh escaped her lips as she rolled on the bed and spooned her pillows tightly. It still felt so surreal.

But she was the legally wedded wife of someone she has sworn to hate for life.
Oh, the irony.

She chuckled while recollecting everything that has happened in the evening. As soon as she said yes to Irtaza he demanded that they get married immediately. She thought he was joking but only he wasn't.

They called their parents and informed them about their desire to get married immediately. Irtaza was the one who did all the convincing. He can be charming when he wants to be. And the family gave in to his demand in the end.  

And so, they got married on the very same day.

Sumayya was in a daze throughout the time. She couldn't believe any of which was happening but she gave her full consent to it anyway. She knew it was absolute madness, yet willingly signed up for it.

In Irtaza's defence, he didn't want her to change her mind it seems, so he wanted them to get married as soon as possible and she said yes to that madness.

Sumayya has always wanted a small and simple wedding. And here she was, lying on her bed, grinning like a fool, thinking about their very simple wedding.

She and her husband did get in a lot of trouble for the stunt they've pulled though. Their families were absolutely livid despite agreeing to it. They didn't understand why couldn't they wait for another month or two before getting married. They all wanted it to be huge and whatnot. Which was exactly why they both rushed it too. They did not want to wait. Especially her husband.

The word husband still sends alien feelings to her even after being married for seven hours. It was so weird but she loved this weirdness. And yes, she was counting the hours.

Irtaza: What are you doing?

A warm smile spread across her cheeks as she sat straight and hugged her pillows tightly whilst holding her phone. She smiled at the message like a lovesick fool.

Sumayya: Still in disbelief.

She replied bashfully.

"I can see that," The unexpected voice of her husband made her shriek in shock. Her heart almost skipped a beat.

"Irtaza!" Sumayya whined annoyedly while he laughed at her shocked face. She threw the pillow that she was holding and it hit on his face perfectly taking him off guard.

Good! She felt smug and threw another one at him.

"Ouch, woman. Stop hitting your husband. Where are your manners?" He aksed mock teasingly whilst throwing her pillow back at her. She jumped down from her bed and placed her hands against her hips, glaring at him slightly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She whisper yelled at him as realisation suddenly dawned upon her and her eyes went wide.

"I wanted to check if this was real. It almost felt like a dream. I wanted to see if you really are my wife" He sighed dreamily whilst taking a seat on her messy bed as if he owned everything here.

Sumayya felt the whole zoo inside her stomach as he muttered those words. When did her annoying cousin turn this charming?

"But when you move in with me, we're having a serious discussion about your messiness." He chuckled while throwing another pillow at her which she dodged skillfully.