T H R E E

It's been almost a week and I still haven't called her yet. I'm a nervous wreck. She drives me crazy and she's not even around. It's as if she has a spell on me.
Before I know it I start to dial her number. I'm so nervous. The phone keeps ringing and ringing. I get angry. She's avoiding me. I hang up the phone and I punch the wall. I'm going to have to teach her to always answer my phone calls. She'll know better by the time she's mine.
The rest of the day I constantly check my phone to see if she's called. Of course she hasn't. I get in my truck and drive to her house. The lights are all off and her car isn't in the driveway. My anger grows. Where the hell is she?
I drive back home and go on the Internet to see if she's posted anything. Nothing.
Soon enough my phone starts ringing. It's her.
I answer it and she cheerfully speaks through the other line.
"Hey! I'm so sorry I didn't answer but I was busy and there was no caller ID."
I breath. She's okay. "This is Alex from the coffee shop. "
"This whole time i thought you'd never call me!" She laughs "how are you?"
She so easy for me to talk to her.
"I'm good. Sorry I took forever but I have also been pretty busy."
Another laugh escapes her mouth "I'm great thank you for asking! How would you like to go to lunch with me tomorrow?" I never asked her how she was. I'll have to teach her to not be so sarcastic to me. "Lunch would be good. I'm free tomorrow at 12. We can meet at the diner on Cherry St." I hang up before she can say no.
A smile appears on my face. Everything is coming together as planned. This is only the start to a beautiful end.