𝟏𝟏 | 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎

Seojin had always loved the sky

She loved watching it change colors, seeing the clouds morph into all kinds of shapes that decorated the sky. She found solace and serenity in the limitless blue canvas above her head, and it comforted her to know that there was a much bigger world out there than the shitty little city she lived in.

Yet despite how bright and blue the sky had looked from the science lab window, Seojin couldn't help but found it dull and dreary. Instead of the comfort it used to give her, her chest was now heavy with uneasiness.

A figure appeared next to her, and Seojin didn't have to look to know that it was Onjo. The shorter girl shared the same pained expression as her, and Seojin could sense the heavy burden on her shoulders.

She recalled Onjo's confession to Suhyeok earlier that day, her eyes softening at the crestfallen girl as she imagined how worried she must've been for him. To lose the boy of her dreams the same day she had confessed to him must have been painful.

"You feeling okay?" Seojin turned to glance at Onjo and asked. Onjo was unsure of what to say, her gaze remaining glued on the view outside the window as she answered with a quick nod and let out a sigh, "I'm just—worried about Suhyeok."

"He's gonna be alright," Seojin gave her a tight-lipped smile, hoping her words could offer some sort of comfort. "I don't know much about him, but I know that he's fast and athletic," she continued, reaching up and lightly squeezing the other girl's arm in reassurance.

With a hopeful glint in her eyes, "He will be okay," she repeated. Onjo turned her head to give Seojin a thankful look, her lips pulling up into a small smile of her own as she nodded.

The two didn't talk much before the zombie outbreak happened, only conversing a handful of times throughout the 2 years of being in the same class together. But with the heartfelt look on Seojin's face, Onjo could feel the sincerity in her words, and she truly appreciated her for her kindness.

Isak suddenly appeared behind her, anxiety flashing through her eyes while she looked at her best friend's distressed state. "Onjo," she called out, placing herself next to her and linking their arms together.

"Don't worry too much, Suhyeok will be okay," she spoke gently while patting her arm, and Onjo nodded her head with a sad smile. "Right, Seojin?" Isak leaned back and asked the girl beside them, to which Seojin replied with a hopeful nod.

Isak reached down for Onjo's hands and placed them into her own, sending her a comforting smile while she intertwined their fingers together, as if she was telling her best friend that she would always be there for her.

"Anyway, Cheongsan is acting a bit weird lately," Isak started, changing the depressing subject to a more playful one while a teasing smile slowly crept across her face. "He's super irritable when I talked to him about your confession to Suhyeok. I think he likes you."