Chapter 6: Can't Look Away

"A sky full of stars
And she was staring at her.
~
The moon and the stars tried their best, but I couldn't look away from you."
____

Her eyebrows, her nose, her eyes, her cheekbones, and then finally, her lips. Thena traced every single one of these as she gazed at the sleeping woman beneath her. She hadn't woken up once, hadn't had one nightmare. It seemed that just the scent and feel of Sealia had kept them at bay. Thena softly ran her nails across Sealia's crown, pushing the stray pieces of her night black hair away.

Her movements halted as she caught a smile forming on the woman's face, Thena focusing on that action and that action alone. "Good morning." She watched as sea coloured eyes met her own.

"Goodmorning," Sealia answered, voice rough due to having just woken. Her own hand lifted up and she caressed the side of Thena's face before gently pushing some of her blonde hair out of the way. "Did you sleep well?"

Thena hummed and looked away for a second before looking back. "Thank you."

Sealia just shook her head softly, staring at Thena with open and seeing eyes, love prominent in them. "I'm just as grateful as you are for you having stayed." The blonde woman's eyes softened even further, continuing to run her fingers up and down the side of Sealia's face.

"I missed this," She whispered, eyes saddening slightly. Sealia opened her mouth to reply but Thena said something else first. "Will it stay like this- us?" Her nervousness was clearly heard.

Flashback

"Get up, quickly." Laughing softly, Thena shook the sleeping women, fighting the urge to sit and admire her beauty, even when asleep. Sealia didn't move and the softest giggle left Thena's lips as she shook her once more.

Leaving kisses all over her face, Thena went to leave one on the corner of her mouth when Sealia's hand was at the back of her neck, pulling her in for a proper kiss. Smiling, Thena pulled her up, knowing she'd successfully woken the sleeping Eternal. "Quickly," she said, pulling her out of bed.

Thena took her hand, walking outside at a fast pace, the cold night breeze kissing their skin and lifting their nightgowns.

"I thought you were waking me up for something else-" Sealia trailed off as she looked up, eyes widening and filling with wonder. "A perigean full moon."

Thena's eyes didn't drift upwards, not even as Sealia gave her the proper name for what most called a supermoon. They stayed on the woman beside her. Because even the moon above them could not compare to the look on Sealia's face. A look filled with such awe and wonder, the breeze blowing her white dress, hair as dark as the night dancing behind her as the moon seemed to shine for her and her alone.

The widest smile adorned Thena's face as she watched the woman she loved practically shine, the joy in those blue eyes glittering. Sealia had always loved the moon, and Thena had always loved watching Sealia with things that set her soul on fire.

"It's gorgeous," Sealia breathed and turned to the blonde next to her. Suddenly the moon above seemed to disappear as Sealia set her eyes on Thena whose eyes that had been on her from the moment she stepped outside. The look of pure and utter love on Thena's face was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.

Sealia just shook her head as love consumed her. That Thena had obviously researched and knew to bring her out here tonight. Had known what would set Sealia's heart on fire. "I love you." And if Sealia thought that the love on Thena's face couldn't grow, she was wrong. Because at her words that smile grew even wider and those shining eyes sparkled.

"I love you too." Thena kissed her then, held her close and kissed her firmly yet their hands were gentle. They broke apart and looked up to see shooting stars dance across the sky. And Thena swore that the silvery laugh that escaped Sealia was her favourite sound.

She continued to stare as Sealia continued to look up, both of them enamored with the things they loved.

End of flashback

"Do you want it to?" Sealia asked.

"Of course I do," Thena scrambled to say. Did she really not know just how much she wanted things to stay like this?

"I just need to hear it," Sealia breathed, reading and answering Thena's unspoken thoughts. "You told me to leave, like a child ordered away by a parent. And so I just need to know, know that you want me to stay. And know that you won't make me leave again. Because I don't think I could handle it if you did." Her eyes and voice had grown pained towards the end and Thena cupped her face.

"I will never be able to tell you how much I wish I could change what happened. But I'll spend the rest of our lives showing you. I love you. I have always loved you and I will always love you, for the rest of eternity. Let me show you. Allow me the honour of loving you and being loved by you."

Sealia's eyes were brimming with tears and she gave a watery smile and nod. Thena held her face gently and brought their lips together so very softly.

Slowly, their lips parted and joined. And slowly, her tongue entered Sealia's mouth. Hands held her waist and they each found the other flushed as they finally pulled apart, their eyes shining.

"I love you," Sealia whispered. "I will always love you, Thena." Thena just nodded, smiling with tears in her eyes before kissing her once more. They held one another close for some time before a knock sounded on Sealia's door.

"Lia," Sprite called. "I'm guessing Thena's in there so for my own sake I'm not coming in. But breakfast is ready."

Both women laughed softly before looking at one another again, happiness evident in their faces. "Let's go eat, I hear Gilgamesh has become quite the chef."

"He has," Thena smile and stood, taking Sealia's hand and pulling her up. None of them let go as the exited the room and headed to their awaiting family.

Hope you enjoyed

I know I said that they'll be getting the Domo this chapter but I then realized just how little chapters there are and don't want this book to be too short so added a bit more of just Thena and Sealia.

If there are any characters you want to see interact or maybe things you want to happen then just let me know. I'm always open to suggestions and love getting them.

I also love your guys' comments so please don't forget to do that. Really hope you enjoyed this one. :)