Katunga

Lucille drew her Katunga, her sword, and made a mad dash towards the demon that held Lia. The demon ducked at the last second, sword barely making contact with his skin. He snarled and let Lia go. Lia was rooted to the ground in fear. The messenger walked towards her and enveloped her in his arms. He turned her head away from the fight that was going on.

Lucy hit the demon with the hilt of the sword as he held her in a back lock. His grip lossened a little and lucy kicked with her elbow into his rib cage making him gasp and loosen his hold. She slashed the sword in one quick movement, black oozy fluid escaped from the gash she made.  She drew her knife from the hidden knee cap and stabbed him right in the heart.

The demon let out a loud cry that made Lia shiver with fright. Black smoke filled the air that escaped from the hole in the heart. The knife glowed as it drunk the demon blood hungrily. It basked in the glory of killing yet another demon.

“I don’t think that demon just stumbled into this place…” Keran said as he handed a steaming cup of coffee to Lucy’s hands.

Lucy nodded absent mindedly. She was still hurt by the way Lia had reacted after the fight.

Once reason gained control over her senses, Lia squirmed in the stranger’s protective hug. She wiggled out of his hands to look at the fight. She saw a woman fighting  the huge monster that held her before. The woman was familiar to her, but her ferocity was something she had never seen, she cleared her vision to see  the blur of movements but it was to no avail. She somehow knew that she had to enhance her vision like Lucy taught her to see the unseen.

She didn’t like what she had seen, the fighting woman was Lucy only much more different. All her soft features were replaced by a stern look on her face, she radiated power. Her gentle look was replaced by a menacing scowl on her face. Her smile was filled with venom when she successfully stabbed him in the heart. Lia couldn’t avert her eyes, she was not sure if she was hallucinating. The proud look that Lucy had when she finished the demon was too much to her.

Lucy stashed her knife back into it’s place but not before cleaning it on the black jacket of the demon, that was now lying on the ground. The demon’s life form was evaporated into thick black smoke.

Lucy turned towards Lia checking if she was okay, Lia took a step backwards tentatively as she saw the dark pool of blackness engulfed in Lucy’s eyes. She was scared of this new person that looked like her friend and yet so scary.

She ran away into the house leaving a frozen Lucy on the backyard. Keran wrapped his arms around her shoulders and guided her to the cottage. He knew exactly what was going on both the kids mind’s.

“Lucy… I think it may not be safe here anymore...” he raised his voice demanding attention.

Lucy nodded. She could never forget how scared Lia looked on the field. She was scared of her and that thought was heart wrenching. She wanted to run to her and say that she was not like that, she was a good person and would never do harm to her. She wanted her little arms around her neck, her merry laughter filling her ears and above all she wanted her to say that she was not afraid of her.

“It was not yet decided to take her to night world…” Lucy mumbled.

“I didn’t mean nightworld…You could move her somewhere in the country until she was called upon.”

“Where should I take her? Do you think she is going to come with me after all she had seen? Do you think Emma would let her go…? You should have seen her face, she is afraid of me…” Lucy sniffed.

Keran got a faint idea of why she was chosen. He understood that none else would do her job like she did. He was proud of the girl, he was proud of  the flickering humanity that she had. And he knew someday that this humanity of her will play the vital role in deciding the fate of both the worlds.

***************************

what do you think will happen? Will Lia's fear overcome her affection for Lucy? DO they have to move out? WIll Emma agree about it?  Pls....let me know what you think