Chapter Two: Investigation Blues

II.

It was late in the morning when they spilt up, the three agents went to question the friends and teachers at school. The annoying consultant and the boss went to check on the victim's parents.

Soon enough, Jane and Lisbon arrived at the victim's house. It was big but simple, gorgeous but homey. They stepped out of the car and knocked on the door.

A middle aged woman peeked at the doorway, she was the complete carbon copy of her daughter except for those hazel eyes.

'Good morning mam. My name is Teresa Lisbon and this is Patrick Jane, we are from the CBI. You must be Mrs. Wellington.' Lisbon introduces.

The door was opened, wider this time. The woman gave a sad smile to them. 'Ah yes, good morning. Please call me Helen.' Her eyes were bloodshot from crying and she was sniffling.

'Come in.' She steps back and gestures them seat on the posh sofa.

'Henry, dear, the people from the CBI are here.' She calls out to the kitchen.

Then, a man emerges from the door. He was in his early fifties, with dark hair that is slightly greying. He had those strong green eyes, but this time they were sad.

He held out his hand to them. 'Henry Wellington.'

'Teresa Lisbon and Patrick Jane.' Lisbon says and takes a seat while Jane stands and observes.

'It was said that Autumn was spotted in a party last night. A drive from here, did you know that she was at a party?' Lisbon begins the interrogation.

The man sits beside his wife. 'Yeah, she asked permission from us an said that she will be back by midnight. We always gave her the curfew before midnight and she would always come home.' Henry answered while his wife was fighting back the tears from spilling.

'She was home from school, then after an hour she changed her clothes and bid goodbye at six. She promised to text m- me. Around six thirty, I received a text, telling me that she arrived. Hours passed and nothing came, till then the police called me and... That was it.' Helen broke down and her husband held her.

'Did you know who threw the party?' Lisbon asked.

'Her best friend, Luke.' Henry answered.

'What was she like?' Jane questioned.

'She was incredible. A pure hearted young lady of our family, she doesn't want anything but everyone's happiness and smiles. She was great at school and she balances her life pretty well,' he sadly smiles. 'Please find whoever did this to her.' Henry adds.

'We will sir.' Lisbon assured the old man.

'Do you mind if we see her room?' Jane asks them.

'No, not at all. First door to your right.' Henry says to them. As he gestures upstairs.

Jane went and Lisbon followed him to the mahogany steps.

'If this is one-' Lisbon starts to warn but Jane interrupts.

'Ssh, it's all right Lisbon. Trust me.' He smiles at her. When they reached upstairs, the door to their right had a name plastered: WELLINGTON in a handwritten font.

They went inside and it revealed a purple and white motif room, from the walls to the bed sheets. The room was neat and in order, no doubt it was cleaned everyday.

Jane begins searching and so does Lisbon. Looking through the bottom of the bed and at random places, hoping to find something useful. Lisbon looks through the bathroom and the closet, carefully rummaging through the contents.