~: Chapter Twenty-Four :~

-Kirishima's POV-

I opened my eyes to find my angel of a husband next to me with our child between us. I heard a chirp from the egg, looking at it slightly puzzled. There was another chirp making me respond with a gentle chirp in return, it was quiet after that. I couldn't believe that I actually heard our child, I could feel tears in my eyes. I nuzzled the egg, purring softly and hoping they could hear me.

"The fuck you purring at, shut up while people are sleeping." Kat grumbled, rolling over with the egg.

"Kat, it chirped at me." I stated, seeing him sit up quickly and look at me.

"You heard it too? I guess I wasn't hearing things then." he muttered, looking at our egg.

"We need to get back as soon as possible, let's go get ready." I said, seeing him nod as he set the egg next to me.

I watched him stand and stretch a bit before he moved to get dressed, he recently had been going to bed shirtless despite the fall chill. I wasn't complaining about this, but it did concern me that he might get sick one of these days. It was a concern that will probably never settle, because he was perfect and one of the two people I could ever really care for. The other being the small child I held in my lap, having yet to be born.

"Your turn, give me the baby." Kat said, holding his arms out.

I smiled and handed over our child, watching him sit with it and mumble to it quietly. Getting off the bed I walked over to the bag of clothes that I had and picked out some simple traveling clothes that would let me fight if the need arose. I was quick to change, wanting to be close to my kid again. Kat gave me a pouty look when I took the egg from him and started wrapping it in a protective blanket.

"Alright, let's go eat and head out." he huffed, taking it from me again.

Downstairs, the little dragons were all sitting around the fireplace and surrounding area with bowls of oatmeal that the Kaminari's must have made. Kat and I dropped our bags by the door, seeing Denki's there as well. He still hadn't woken up yet, which could be a problem if Shinsou found out. The purple haired librarian seemed to have a protective fondness for the blonde.

"Eat up boys, you'll need your strength for the trip." Mrs. Kaminari stated, sliding two bowls our way.

"Thank you ma'am, we'll be out of your hair soon. We'll be taking Denki with us, so that he can get looked at by a physician if that's ok with you." I said, trying to be polite.

"That would be wonderful, with all these little ones here we can't risk more people knowing then necessary. Just send a letter to tell us how he's doing." she said, a kind smile on her face.

I nod as Kat and I carefully eat while watching the egg that was sitting on the couch in it's blanket. One of the little dragons seemed to be sniffing it, confused as to what it was. I was on edge as they kept getting closer and nearly jumped when Kat got onto the kid.

"Oi, don't touch that. I've got no problems being mean if you wanna threaten my kid like that." he said, pointing at the little dragon as they put their hands up and backed away.

After the outburst he had the other kids all give the couch some space, not wanting to get remotely close to hurting the egg. I chuckled softly and got a glare from Kat before going back to my oatmeal. I was happy that my mate was protective of our kid, and kinda proud as well, but it still didn't mean he needed to threaten the small child for being curious.

Finally we finished our food, saying goodbye to everyone as Kat and I headed outside. I had to carry Denki because for a fairy of his size he seemed to weigh a lot more than normal. Kat had our egg carefully tucked into a backpack that he had in his arms. I laid Denki over the back of a horse, tying it's reins to my saddle so that I could lead it easier. After making sure he was secured, I held the back pack so that Kat could mount his horse. I handed it up to him when he was ready and mounted my own horse, carefully following Kat's easy pace on our way back home.