The man of mystery

Charlotte-

There's a man! What if he lived here and I didn't even know it! I knew something was wrong with this house, but then again I could just be going insane like I most likely assumed.

I was captivated the second that he opened his eyes. They were the strangest color that I have ever seen. He had eyes, a beautiful maroon shade that seemed to melt together and move. I found myself leaning closer to him to try and get a closer glimpse of his eyes.

"What in the world are you doing?" He snaps, pushing his wet hair out of the way of his face as he looked around the forest, before those beautiful eyes turned to me and looked me up and down, assessing and studying me.

"I.. I just.. Well.." I mumbled, unable to find a plausible excuse as to why I was moving closer to him, other than the fact that I found this man beautiful in every way that was possible.

Was it so wrong that I found him so perfect? No, I wouldn't say so, but he seemed to have another opinion. He looked around for a moment, before his hands moved, and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Well? Well, I have to say that finding a questionable woman near my house, leaning over me makes no sense." He snapped once more.

I raised an eyebrow and shook my head slightly, before glancing towards the house that I had just bought.

The one that held the memory of.. Him

The jerk that ruined my happiness and destroyed my heart in every way that I could possibly believe.

I thought he had loved me, but apparently I was more wrong than I could ever think to be. I blinked a few times, before I looked down at him and shrugged. "Well, if you're talking about the house over there.." I said, gesturing to my house. "I'm the new owner of it."

His eyes narrowed and he pushed himself up so that he's sitting, glaring at me. "If you think you own that house, then you are sorely mistaken." He snaps, standing up and nearly pushing me back with the force he had used.

"This house has belonged to me for years, and I refuse to admit that some.. Woman of questionable morals has taken claim to my house!" He snarled, pushing his hair off of his face and storming up to the house in a blaze of fury.

I wanted to run and hide from him. He emanated power, and that alone was enough to nearly frighten me into hiding away and not turning back.

But I bought this house! It was mine and I wouldn't let him say otherwise. "No, if you step one foot on my property, I am calling the police!" I shouted, at his dissapearing form, moving towards my house.

He raised an eyebrow and turned around, crossing his arms. "I can assure you, buttercup, you won't like what'll happen if you call the police." He said, turning around and walking into my house, closing the door behind him and leaving me standing there with my jaw dropped.

I stood there for a moment, before I ran as quickly as I possibly could up to the house, my brown hair blowing over my face as I ran, temporarily blinding me.

I pulled the door open, only to see him walking up the stairs. "What are you doing in here!" I cried out, anger and fury coursing through me as my eyes narrowed at this man who seemed to be taking over my house.

I ran after him, watching him as he walked into my bedroom, flopping down in my bed and drenching it in the process. "Stop! What are you doing!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening in shock as he tucked into my bed.

"I'm going to sleep, if you don't mind, you can wake me up in an hour or so." He shrugged, and I can't help but tense up.

I wasn't entirely thrilled by the strange man just lounging in my bed, but I couldn't do anytimg to change his mind, and he certainly wouldn't get out of my bed.

I relented, sighing.

I was going to have to look at this on the bright side. There was a man in my bed, or taking over my house. What could I say, how could I not be happy?

I walk down the stairs, looking around before I work on cleaning up the rest of the house. I pulled the rest of the sheets off of the furniture, before I dug around in the kitchen to find myself some cleaning supplies.

It was hardly an hour later before I was dusting the bookshelves in the living room, humming softly to myself quietly.

"You shouldn't touch other people's things," I hear a slightly pompous voice mutter, as I picked up a seemingly old book. I squeaked in nervousness and dropped the book from my hands, listening to it make a dull thump on the carpet.

He scowled at that, walking over and scooping up the dropped book, returning it to the shelf. "I didn't exactly know that it was your book, and it's not your house!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms as I looked up at the impossibly stubborn Adonis in front of me.

We stared at each other for a long moment, before an eyebrow arched up on his face. "You can't exactly kick me out of my own house." He pointed out, and I crossed my arms slightly.

He did have a point, I couldn't exactly make him leave when I may or may not have just taken over his house, but it did look old and abandoned when I moved in.

I was in a bind.

I knew I couldn't just make him leave, and I would be a terrible person I did wind up kicking him out of the house.

I sigh, putting my hands on my hips as I look at him. "You can stay here, as long as you don't be so rude." I finally said, a swift nod following it.

He scoffed at me and shook his head, before he moved towards me. He towered over me, and my eyes widened as I looked up at him wit a slightly shocked expression.

"I have to follow rules? No, I have to follow the rules that some girl put on me, in my own house." He said, those mysterious eyes staring down at me, seeming to freeze me in my spot and make me unable to move even the slightest inch.

"I.. Well.. I.." I stammered out, nervous.

"I'll be staying whether you like it or not, buttercup, get used to me around." He grinned.

I was seriously in some trouble.