Fourteen.

Fourteen.

“Where is this person?” Bernard demanded to know as he stood up.

“I don’t know. That's the problem Bernard!” Jack growled back. Bernard just rolled his eyes at Jack and walked over to him. I sat back and thought this whole thing over.

“How do you think we find them then?” Bernard questioned, obviously becoming frustrated with all of this. “Why have you come up here to Josephine and I if you were the one that saw them? One would think that you'd pursue this person. How are we supposed to know it isn’t really you?”

Jack was slightly taken back at Bernard's accusations. I raised my eyebrows, impressed that he caught something like that. If Jack would have come to only me I probably would have done something to help without thinking much of it. Jack stood there in a shocked silence, not really knowing what to say back. Bernard crossed his arms and smirked, knowing he caught Jack in some sort of lie. I stood up and stood next to Bernard as Jack looked between both of us before glaring.

“Fine, I’ll handle this myself then!” he angrily spat back before turning and stalking off. Before he even reached the door he stopped completely and turned around, his face devoid of all emotion. I looked to my right, only to see that Bernard was controlling Jack.

About ten or so years ago, Bernard and I had gotten into this huge fight. I don’t even remember what it was about, but it was bad. I ended up punching him a couple times before storming out. I didn’t get very far before I couldn’t move at all. It was as if I wasn’t even in my own body at the moment as I couldn’t feel anything at all. I still could see and think clearly, it was an odd sensation. I remember seeing that I had faced a different way although I didn’t feel myself turning around. Bernard had been leaning against the caravan, a bottle of alcohol in one hand and the other held in front of him. It was all so confusing and at the time I didn’t know exactly what was going on. I wasn’t scared though, as mad as he was he never once hit me. Somehow without controlling my own body, I had walked over to where Bernard was leaning up against the caravan. That had been when I found out about being able to control people and their actions. I didn’t know that he could control their minds as well. I knew how to do that much, but only for a short period of time.

“You're going to tell me something, Jack,” Bernard stated, walking over to where Jack rigidly stood, not aware of what was happening. By the look on his face, one could think that he was possibly hypnotized. “Did you really see a Blasic take over the body of somebody else?”

Jack's reply was in monotone and his face remained expressionless. “No.”

Bernard nodded and folded his arms, thinking the answer over before asking another question. “Then what was your purpose in coming up here?”

“She told me to. She wants you two.”

Bernard glanced back at me as if making sure I was hearing all of this. “Why does she want Josephine and I?”

“With you two out of the way, she has all access to Red and Death. It would be easy to take them down.”

With that last little bit, Jack overcame Bernard's mind control. He blinked a few times and realized that he was still in the room with the two of us. Once he noticed he couldn’t move, he became quite angry. Bernard held his ground though as Jack cursed at him. It got to a point where he blew black smoke in hopes of regaining control of himself. Nothing seemed to be working. The smoke thinned out and Bernard smirked at Jack. The hatred in Jack's eyes was evident but it didn't seem to bother Bernard at all. He cursed to himself before cursing at Bernard, demanding he let whatever grasp he had on him up. Bernard just laughed.