Chapter 16

*Irene's POV*

After watching all of my students audition, I thought of sticking around and watch til the end. They finally called out the last person. A girl. She stood in silence, waiting for them to talk to her. Quite odd because she was looking at me and Alfonso.

"Name?"

She finally looked away and stared at them.

"Hi, I'm Maria Christina Leandra M. Silayan."

No. It can't be. Leandra? My daughter Leandra? Me and Alfonso looked at each other.

"Age?"

"I'm 18."

"And what is your audition piece?"

"I'll be playing My Father's Favorite in Piano."

"Okay. Whenever you're ready..."

She took another second glance at me. I was on the edge of my seat. Trying to keep my composure. Alfonso held my hand because he too was in state of shock. My daughter is here and I'm about to see her perform. She took a seat in front of the piano and started playing. I remembered this piece. Leandro used to play this back when we were still together, as a tribute to Papa Andrew. My eyes started tearing up, staring at my beautiful daughter, passionately playing the piano. When she finished, I could not resist myself by standing up and clapping. And so did Alfonso. She went backstage right away. I wanted to go back there but I knew that I had to excuse myself to the two judges first. When they said their goodbyes, it was finally time to go backstage.

"Mom, let's go and finally see my Ate!"

I smiled at my son, held his hand walked up the stage.

*Leandra's POV*

After my audition, I quickly went backstage and cried my eyes out. I finally saw my mother and even my brother. How I've been longing for this moment but somehow it all went to me like an explosion. I suddenly felt the pain of Daddy when he had to let go of Mom. The longing of a lover, the empty void of an absent mother. Everything was sinking in. I was crying against the wall until I heard foot steps.

"Leandra?"

I looked to my left and it was Mom and Fonzy. I somewhat couldn't move. She quickly grabbed and hugged me tight. She started crying too and so did Fonzy who tried to control his tears by looking away.

"You were brilliant out there baby. I am so proud and happy that you're here. My baby is here."

I wanted to respond to what she just said. I wanted to ask her why she had to be so far away? Why didn't she try to come visit me? Why did she left me and dad? There were so many questions inside my head that I wanted to belt out.

"Mom I-"

I suddenly felt my throat closing, my chest getting tight. The next thing I knew, I started wheezing and grasping for air. I couldn't stand upright anymore and so I started sliding to Mom's arms.

"Leandra? Baby? Are you okay?"

"Mom she can't breathe."

"Quick, carry your sister. Let's go to the ER."

Fonzy quickly carried me in his arms and sprinted out of the campus immediately. They threw all of the bags on the trunk and got me inside their car. My vision started getting blurry once the car was in motion. And all I can hear was Fonzy saying...

"Ate relax, calm down were almost at the hospital."

The air was getting thicker for me to breathe. Of all days that I could get an asthma attack, it had to be today. My blurry vision is making it hard for me to focus on my breathing. I closed my eyes and called out dad. Dad please help me...

"Ate don't close your eyes na, we're here."

But I couldn't open it anymore. The sounds of the atmosphere started fading.

"Leandra help is on the way baby... just keep breathing."