Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #10 - Rescue

Note: Stiles experiences an omega drop in this chapter. Take care!

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

 POV: Stiles

Stiles wasn't sure what he was supposed to do now that he was safely away, but he was too tired from running all the way there to force his brain to think. He supposed he could run to campus but that was too far away and the longer he huddled there shivering in the rain, the foggier his brain became.

Just as his eyes were fluttering closed, a pair of headlights flashed, and a car pulled into the parking lot. Stiles's stomach began to churn again, and he figured it was the time to get on his knees and beg for forgiveness.

Stiles didn't know if he could maneuver himself onto his knees, but he knew there was only one thing that would possibly save his skin and he prepared himself for what he was about to say as a figure ran towards him.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Derek

Derek didn't know what had happened that led to Stiles being huddled against the front of the building in the pouring rain. In all honesty, if Derek was honest with himself, the why wasn't what mattered right now. What did matter was getting Stiles inside and warmed up.

Derek's wolf was insistent that they get over there right that very minute, but Derek fought to make sure they safely parked before he got out and hurried over.

The closer he got to the omega, the more Derek's anger rose. He had to hold back a snarl when he took in Stiles's appearance. If he had not spent years controlling his anger, the alpha would've been on his way to murder Alpha Ryan. Derek fought back the whine his wolf wanted to emit as he knelt down in front of Stiles.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Stiles

Stiles watched in a foggy haze as the figure knelt down to his level. The action confused him since Alpha Ryan had never done that before, but Stiles knew the figure was an alpha by his scent. He forced himself to suck in a harsh biting breath as he uttered the words he had never wanted to say to Alpha Ryan. "I-I'm s-s-sorry, A-Alpha."

Stiles was terrified but his whole body collapsed after he uttered the words. There was no stopping it anymore and Stiles was helplessly thrust headfirst into an Omega drop.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Derek

Whatever words Derek was going to say to Stiles died in his throat when Siles called him alpha. Derek realized that for Stiles to refer to him as alpha, he must be so out of it and he refused to allow his wolf or himself to read into it.

Before Derek could think of anything at all to say in response, he watched in horror as Stiles collapsed. Immediately, Derek knew it was an omega drop which was probably one of the worst things that could happen to the omega right now. However, Derek couldn't stop his wolf from practically forcing Derek to scoop Stiles up and hold him close.

Derek knew that when an Omega dropped their minds became clouded and they couldn't think for themselves. An Omega needed the help from their mate or people they cared about and trusted to bring them back or wake them up.

Even though Derek barely knew Stiles, he knew that if he left him alone, Stiles would be even more vulnerable. Alone he could die, and Derek refused to let Stiles—his Stiles-his mate—be in danger or die.

With careful and measure steps, he carried Stiles towards his car and set him in the back seat as gently as possible. Then Derek shut the back door, got in the front and drove them into the underground parking garage. He was careful not to hit any bumps on the way. If an Omega was startled awake out of a drop it wouldn't be good and could even kill them.

Once he was inside and had sealed the entryway, Derek parked the car and turned it off with shaky hands. He shoved the keys in his pocket as he got out and opened the back door. With a soft whine, he carefully scooped Stiles up and closed the door with his foot. He didn't even care about locking the car before heading inside.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Stiles

Stiles wasn't sure what happened after he said those words to the figure, but he suddenly felt like he was floating. After the initial sharp pain when something was pressed against the bruise on his back, he instinctively melted into the floating sensation. Stiles had never experienced a drop before and therefore he had no idea what was happening to him but what he did know, was that the alpha figure smelled really good. He wanted to nuzzle him, scent him and be scented by him but his unconsciousness was preventing that.

When Stiles felt himself being picked up, he whined softly but it got caught in his throat. So, he simply nuzzled his nose against the alpha figure's shoulder and once again the smell made his body feel like it was on fire.

The strong scent was smoky but sweet like burning birch wood, earthy but light like when the grass is slightly wet from a morning mist, and a few more things that, in his haze, Stiles couldn't put words to. Ultimately, it put Stiles at ease because it screamed SAFE. This was what made Stiles go completely pliant in the alpha figure's arms with his nose nuzzled against the alpha figure's chest.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Derek

Derek's heart pounded hard in his chest with every step, but he told himself to stay calm. He told himself that he could do thi—He froze when Stiles started nuzzling against him, the action making his wolf purr and whine. Derek took deep breaths to steady himself but that only served to flood his nostrils with Stiles's scent and this time it was permeated with a sour bitter smell of fear.

Well, it was but then suddenly, after a few minutes of being in Derek's arms, Stiles's body went pliant, and that sour bitter scent of fear dissipated only to be replaced by the sugary sweet smell of contentment.

Derek didn't know what to make of that but when he got to his office, if he closed the door and sat on the couch with Stiles still in his embrace and held the omega tight against him, then that was his business. The only question that remained was...Now what?