Hidden Wings - (Fluff - Architect boys)

Grian POV-

I glide into Xisuma's base and quickly ditch my elytra on a nearby armour stand, switching it for the chest plate X had made for me specifically. Once it was on, I allowed my wings to reappear, and they fit snuggly in the holes of the back of the chest plate.

I pace along the white concrete, stretching and flexing my wings, until I see Xisuma diving towards me.

"I see you got my message Grian."

"It sounded urgent."

"Yes, we have a glitch forming in the sky just above the gravel biome beside Iskall's industrial district that I can't fix. I checked where Iskall is and he's currently with Mumbo at Iskall's tree."

"Okay. I'll get on it immediately."

X stops me just as I'm about to shoot up into the sky, "I fear this may be the closest EX as been."

My heart drops but I shake off the fear and jump into the sky anyway. I make sure to be above the clouds before angling off to fly towards the area Mumbo and Iskall had begun their industrial districts. Sure, the nether would be faster but I needed to stay hidden. No one, except Xisuma since he is the admin, could know that I was the watcher of Hermitcraft. I had actually replaced Biffa in Season 6 since Evil X had found his weakness.

Evil X was a glitch in the Hermitcraft code that believed itself to be Xisuma and X and I had been working extremely hard in Season 6 to keep him at bay and now with the switch to Season 7, he has doubled his efforts. X has been working night and day to seal off the server from his glitched counterpart but EX has been working his way through the fresh code. I, on the other hand, have been spending almost all of my free time fixing the glitching code, with watcher magic, when EX gets close to breaking through.

I can feel the glitch as I near Iskall's build. It is raw and sickly and I fear I am too late to close it. I glide just below the clouds and am immediately hit with a blast of red energy. I gasp in surprise and pain as my right wings takes most of the damage. My left flaps desperately to stay in the air as I see EX walk out of the glitched air. He's already in the game so I do the only thing I can possibly think of. I gather every drop of magic, every drop of energy, and every drop of concentration to fire one blast at the glitch. He watches as the purple magic forms in my hands and he shoots another shot at my good wing.

I feel myself falling but I shoot the magic at him, he gasps falling back into the glitching air as the code repairs itself. My wings are to injured to catch the air so I continue to freefall as my world turns black from exhaustion.

--------

Iskall POV-

"... and that's why my industrial district is so awesome!"

"Oh, good. Are you done talking yet," I mumble at the very excited moustached hermit in front of me. He has been talking about is district for about 20 minutes now. We were supposed to be heading over there to compare progress but nope, he just wanted to brag.

"Yup! Now let's go see them!" Mumbo's beaming smile made it impossible for me to stay annoyed at him and I sigh and can't help but grin back. He turns and runs into my Nether portal and I follow him to my industrial district portal. I hop in first and the first thing I notice is some very colourful flashes of lights. One was red and the other purple. I immediately take off towards the lights just in time to see some glitched area of the server close and Grian plummeting from the sky. I dive towards him, using more rockets than necessary and catch his hand as I leveled off and angling back towards the sky to compensate for the extra weight. I fire a couple rockets and turn back to my industrial area and a very confused Mumbo.