3

The ballroom is full of royal cats from I don't know where. I sat beside Haru and next to her is the king. She's crying hysterically while servers placed lots of food in front of us. The smell of raw fish is making me nauseous.

"Where is the prince?" I asked.

"He's away on official business." The king's servant replied. "I don't want to marry him." Haru whispered to me then continued sobbing.

I leaned forward to see the king. "What's up babe?" He says. I rolled my eyes, laying back on the throne. I heard him say that we don't look like we're enjoying ourselves. No wayyy. "Entertainment!" He yells. A bunch of entertainers come out and try their best to perform. But it had them being thrown out the window for not measuring up to the king's expectations.

At this point a single tear rolls down my cheek. I had forgotten that I have paws now.

"Argh, the next person better not stink!" The king threatened and made every next performer hesitate to go next. Only one brave soul walked through and stood in front of the table. Couldn't see him well, he had a fedora and a cape, matching with a silver mask. "Your highness, I promise I will make the young lady smile."

That voice. Baron. I almost said something but I kept my mouth shut. "What do you think, sire, should we try him?"

"Mm suree why not." The king said suspiciously.

Baron walked to where Haru is. I smiled, happy to see him while he winked at me. He's taller than me now. "Excuse me, Would you care to dance?"

Haru looks up, bummed, "oh no I'm a meow-sy dancer—No I'm talking like a cat!"

Baron stuck out his hand, "just trust me."

She gave me a look but I just nodded slightly. Though she gave him her paw and they went on to the dance floor. They twirled around, he dipped her once and I saw the way she looked at him. Like she fell in love. They do look good together. And he was talking to her. I tilted my head getting lost in thought, until I felt like the king looked at me. Then he stopped the dance.

"Hold on there pal, you're not from my kingdom. WHO exactly are you?"

Baron sighed, "how rude of me. I should have introduced myself. I am exactly who I appear to be." He dropped his fedora to the ground and took off his mask. "I am Baron Humbert Von Gikkingen, and I've come for both Haru and Harper."

"Handsome one."

I nodded at the servant that said it. Guards started to come in, Baron swung his mask like a boomerang and knocked the guards over. Making them crash on to the jar and breaking it. "Get him!"

More guards begin to attack but Baron evaded them by moving to the side to side protecting Haru. He jumped on the table and gave me his hand. "Time to go young lady." I jump on the table, clutching his arm as guards surrounded us.

The huge white cat that was in the jar took them all down by landing on them. He cracked his back then turned to us. "Another one? Got a all the ladies looking for you, Baron." Muta says, he sounds like a smoker.

"We have to go."

"Over here," a female cat says behind the table. We crouched down at a little white cat with a pink bow around her neck. "Yuki," Haru says. "Im so glad you could come here."

I turned to Baron who is completely shocked at my transformation. Noticing the fact that I look like a very early pregnant cat. "I cannot fathom how adorable you look." He says hiding the most genuine smile I've seen. "Stop! Im turning into a MEOW." I covered my mouth. "Not believing in yourself makes you turn faster. We're leaving."

Yuki picks our attention back to her as she opens a little door. "This will lead you out the castle. We don't have much time."

"Perfect."

"Where's Muta?" Haru asked. Baron peaked over the table to see Muta hanging from the chandeliers messing with the guards. "Hmm. He'll be fine." With that we all slid down the slide. I howled and laughed as we gently landed outside. "We're still in the castle."

"The tower is right there. Up is your way back out, but you must pass the maze."

"Naturally."

I whined, "I will have this baby kitten by the time we make it to the end of this maze."

Yuki smiles warmly, "you can make it in time, good luck." She says and goes back in the castle. Haru was distraught that she couldn't say goodbye. "Wait, Haru, Harper, her voice is familiar. Could it be possible that her voice is the one that lead you here." Baron asked us and Haru happily said yes.

A sword nearly impaired me as above us Muta came down with guards dragged. Baron pushed Haru and myself behind him as Muta landed. "So you just left me?!"

"Apparently," I replied. Annoyingly he got closer to me. "You're the fat cat?"

"FAT?! Have you see yourself fatso?"

I cup my little bump, "I'm pregnant." Muta's eyes go wide. Baron shakes his head, grabbing my paw, "lets move."

"Fine leave me agin." Muta complains as the three of us enter the maze. There's guards coming after us, so Muta climbed the walls to walk on top. Haru huffs, "you're cheating."

"Oh what are they gonna do?"

The guards spit Muta and start to chase him. We walk in further, finding two ways to go. We're already lost. "We should keep moving, while the guards are distracted. Keep your eye on the tower so we stay oriented." Baron states then we continue our path.

All this walking is making me sick, Haru knows it. I drop to my knees, panting hard. "Uh Baron.." Haru gets his attention and returns to us. "Are you okay, Harper?"

"Just tired. This kitty short term is making me heavy."

He helps me up to continue walking. Made cut through a corner and found a two guards blocking our way. Baron quickly got in front of us and put his cane out as a threat. "Stay behind me."

A guard strikes, but Baron got under it, flipping the big cat over.

With his cane in hand he combat the other guard like if it was a sword fight. The cane managed to break the guard's weapon and knock him out. Baron checks the cane before swinging it on to his shoulder. "How is it?"

"Bend, but its about time I get a new one."

He grabs my paw and we calmly kept going, following the only paths open. At this time Muta joined us. He's a trash talker and picks on all of us. Its funny how Baron just either ignores him or pick back in the most casual non threatening voice. I find that scary.  "You're Harper, right? You look really young. Younger than this nosy thing." He pats Haru's head to which she shoved off.

"Im 15.."

"And how do you manage to keep Baron all this time, isn't he annoying?" Muta starts to lick his paws and I just smile at the ground.  "I didn't even know Baron was alive, I thought he was just a toy." Muta gasps,  "hold on! You mean—" He was cut off after I bumped with Baron from behind do to an abrupt stop.

"Im sorry," I told him.  "Its okay, Harper. We've reached at dead end."

"But we've been going the right way."

"I knew we've been down here before. That wall wasn't there." Haru shows us the wall that is imposter to the others.  "Your mind's just over heating, kid."

"No its not Muta!"

Man these two are insane. Baron takes a closer look at the wall and bares his teeth.  "She's right, this wall is fake." He kicked it hard, making the walls fall over like dominos.  "Ha see."

"Good work, Haru."

I'm starting to feel pain now, its coming in waves.  "We need to hurry!"