Class sucks

(Arya's POV)

I woke up from my sleep to see that I my head was in someone's lap. Oh please don't let it be some pervert. I looked at the person's face and I noticed it was Carlos. How did he know I was here? I got off his lap and sat up. He groggily woke up and I started to get up and walk off. He turned around noticing I was about to walk away and quickly grabbed my ankle. I tripped and he caught me pulling me on his lap so that I was sitting on him. Well, more like straddling him. 

"Hey." he said, in his morning, husky voice. 

"Morning to you, stink-breath." I teased. 

"Hmm, you know, it's fun having you on my lap. We should do this more often." he said. 

"Ok, please, explain how I ended up on sleeping on your lap, with me now straddling you." I asked. He smirked at me and leaned in. He had his hands on my lower back stopping me from leaning back. He put his forehead on mine and I stopped struggling. 

"Now, why don't you explain to me why you were crying. Who made you cry Princess? Was it Ben? Or was it Jay? Cause I'll beat them so bad they'll be sorry they ever made you cry." Carlos said, whispering. 

"No, no, it's... complicated." I sighed out. Carlos hummed and started to stroke my hair. It was relaxing and I almost fell asleep when I heard an alarm go off on my watch. Well, one that I nicked off someone. 

"Oh shoot, we have class! Remedial Goodness 101 remember?" I said, immediatley running. Carlos got up and the last thing I heard before I bolted off was a, "hey!" from Carlos. 

~In class~

"HI! SORRYI'MLATEITWON'THAPPENAGAIN!" I said, before FGM could open her mouth. 

"You're actually not late, your the first one here dear." FGM said, motioning around the class. 

"Oh." I said, finding a seat in the back. Mal and Evie came next, sitting 3 rows behind the front desk in the same row Carlos and Jay were at. 

FGM cleared her throat and asked the first question. 

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you. A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart? Evie." FGM said. 

"What was the second one?" Evie asked, politely. 

"Oh, okay. Anyone else? Mal?" FGM asked, searching for hope in Mal. 

"Easy, A, curse it. No one wants a normal baby anyways." Mal said, shrugging. 

"Oh dear. What about you Arya? What say you?" FGM asked and everyone turned towards me. I was currently sketching a hummingbird and was deep in thought. I didn't notice FGM walking towards my desk as she cleared her throat. 

"YES! Oh, um you need something?" I asked, pretending to be clueless. 

"Yes, what is the answer to the question?" FGM asked. 

"C, give it a bottle. Well, the Auradon way." I said, muttering the last part out. FGM smiled at me, proud of my answer. 

"Correct. Again." FGM said. 

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos whispered over to me.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun, or in this case, the Auradon way." I said, going back to my art work. 

"Oh." "That makes so much sense." I heard someone mutter. 

I saw Jane walk in with her head down. She almost seemed ashamed or scared being here. Well, don't blame me. I can read anyone like a magazine. 

"Oh. Hello, dear one." FGM said to her daughter. 

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation." Jane said, quietly. 

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" FGM asked. We all nodded.

"Mom, no!" Jane exclamied, with a panicked look on her face. 

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." FGM said.

"Hi. That's okay. Don't mind me. As you were." Jane said, leaving and walking fast. She slowed down towards my desk while FGM was about to speak. 

"Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?" FGM asked. I mouthed to Jane, "Put it in Jane's drink." 

Her eyes widened and she leaned down to whisper towards me.

"That's not very princess-like." she whispered.

"But then again, I was never a princess." I said, shrugging and showing her a picture of a tree on fire. She squealed in shock and ran off. Mal and Evie gave me a look. 

I mouthed, "Scared off Jane. Success." 

They nodded and went back to listening to what FGM had to say. 

"Oh! I know it! Ooh... get off." Carlos said, while Jay tried to stop Carlos from answering. 

"Jay." FGM said, calling on him. 

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." Jay said, smugly. 

"I was gonna say that." Carlos said, pouting a little. 

"But I said it first. Come here!" Jay said, giving Carlos a noodgie. 

"Ow!" Carlos exclaimed. 

"Boys! I am going to encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." FGM said. 

"Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is. We'll... we'll pass." Carlos said. 

The bell rung, signalling the end of class. 

"No way aren't you trying out for the team, Carlos! Especially Jay, you have Jay to back you up. Right?" I said, reassuring Carlos. 

"Yeah, I've got his back." Jay said. 

"Um, I would prefer if you also had my front too." Carlos said.

"And if you don't want to use that amazing offer for good, I'm just going to participate myself." I said.

"NO WAY! I'm participating and that's final. C'mon Jay, let's go to the tourney field." Carlos said, dragging Jay along. 

I winked at Jay mouthing, "Go have fun." 

He nodded back, getting the memo. Hopefully there were no dogs on the tourney field, or else Carlos would freak out. But I wasn't going to think about that now. I had to help Mal and the others get the wand and prove their parents right.