January 5th 2079

I woke up, rubbing my sore eyes I looked at the clock.
11:36. " Carrie! Chores!" Rachel yelled. I quickly went downstairs. " Vacuum then you have to get ready for the meeting, remember it's the Witch Supreme not your bed. Look nice not ugly...I guess your gonna need me for your hair...no just put it in a side braid." She smiled one of her evil smiles like she tried to hurt me somehow. I smiled back and started vacuuming.

I turned off the vacuum and started to go upstairs. I put on makeup and put on black leggings with my leather combat boots and my grey and black shirt with a black leather jacket.  I quickly did my hair and I was done by 17:39 (5:39 p.m.) Almost an hour left...a little less. I sighed. I took a drink of water and ate a donut. After the small dinner I had I brushed my teeth and headed out towards the Town Hall.

Town Hall was far from the house and took around a half hour to walk. This was because we lived on the outskirts of town. We pretend to be farmers, or cow breeders, something like that. It was never my business. However, even though we live on a 'farm' we were certainly well with money! A car pulled up its red paint stood out against the white or black cars. " You need a ride?" I shook my head. " Nope, just heading towards town hall." The man frowned. " That's pretty far. You sure?" I nodded. "I know how far it is, I grew up here, no I don't need anybody's help!" I snapped in irritation. Can't people just leave me alone! The man, taken back from what I said, nodded quickly and drove away. Thank god he took the hint! If you can call it one.

I arrived at the Town Hall ten minutes before due. " I'm Carrie Stagin here to see the Witch Supreme." The lady nodded her short brown hair bounced. " Room 10C." Her voice was a squeak. I took the elevator to the third floor. All the way down the hall was where I needed to be. I grabbed the door knob and opened the door.

" Are you Carrie Stagin?" A chubby man asked his beard perfectly combed. I nodded. " Sit. Sit. I heard tomorrow is your birthday." I smiled. " Yes sir, tomorrow I'm going to receive my Talent!" He nodded. " Look, and pay major attention! Once you receive your Talent you must come here. You have a journey to travel and defeat the world's strongest witch so the Earth can live on. You then, if you succeed, will take over! If you refuse we will have all witches be executed when they are found." I nodded. " That is all. Good day!" I nodded and left. What is he expecting from an almost fifteen year old? For me to fly? Oh yea, for me to defeat the strongest witch in the world! I groaned.

I grumbled all the way home feeling like Rachel on her grumpy days. " Grandma I'm home! I have to talk to you!" I yelled as I sat in the chair. " What is it dear?" Grandma asked. " Er....tomorrow once I receive my Talent I have to go to Town Hall again..." Grandma nodded. "I might be gone for a long time, either that or I might be dead. You can't tell anyone! Just let Rachel know that even though she hates me I...love....her and same with you Grandma! Say that after I leave though!" I said right before bed.