Chapter 2

Soon Hakuba and Mori as well as Ran showed up at the police station. Together they tried to find a solution for the problem. Finally they came to the conclusion that it would probably be best if Shinichi left the town without telling anyone except those who are present of course. Well, that's where they made the mistake since Nakamori forgot to check if there was a hole in the card! Because that's exactly where Kaito had kept a microphone and now knew all about it! So technically he was also present. Now he knew when Shinichi would be leaving, on which plane, who would be there, where he was going and even how he would steal what he coveted.

The next day they started straight away. Kudo had packed all his things and was now waiting at the airport. Soon everyone who had overheard yesterday arrived. So of course Kaito Kid too but nobody knew that. To be on the safe side Ginzo had called in some of his officers who were checked carefully when boarding. So Kid wasn't disguised as anyone present... What if he had sneaked into the luggage compartment in the meantime? Inwardly he laughed at his rivals as he settled into the trunk as best as he could.

Half an hour later the phantom thief noticed that the plane was slowly taking off. It was probably time for his performance...

Without paying attention to whether he was quiet enough he climbed out of the luggage compartment up to the passengers, all of whom were police officers. Why be careful when he wanted to be noticed anyway? "Yoo-Hoo, are you looking for me?", the white-clad magician grinned and bowed. Immediately everyone got up from their seats and wanted to rush towards him, nut then he disappeared in a cloud of smoke. "He's here! Kid's here!!", one of the men reported through his Walki-Talki, causing Shinichi in particular to tense up. The police officers all sat in the back of the plane. Hakuba, Nakamori, Ran, Mori, and Shinichi were at the very front, in a separate compartment.

Everyone in the front compartment looked around almost in panic. How could they not notice someone sneaking onto a goddamn plane?!

The men all went into the back to check the situation and only Ran stayed with Shinichi. "What exactly is Kid trying to steal from you? I thought he usually just steals things like gems or things that have gems inside them?", Ran asked curiously and waited for the answer. "I don't know myself. My private property will be transported by car. I just have a few important things with me, like my phone. Also, he said it was something he could steal from me anytime no matter where I was or what I was carrying and it just gives me a headache!" he complained and wanted to pull out his hair out of frustration.

"The others have been gone for quite a long time", Ran said and only now did her seat neighbor noticed it. He got up and wanted to go check but just as he was about to open the door the whole front compartment filled with fog. Reflexively Shinichi gasped not realizing it was just colored fog, it could have been sleeping gas or worse!

However, it didn't take five seconds for the bluish fog to disappear and there was a well-known thief in the place where Ran had just been sitting. "Kid? Where's Ran?!" "Hihihi don't worry, she's fine. She's in the back with her dad and your other friends," Kid assured the suspicious detective while standing up. Shinichi took a few steps backwards and tried to dodge his rival, but the door he was about to step through was locked. Kid was now standing right in front of him and Shinichi couldn't turn left or right. He was trapped. "Hehehe. And now I'm taking what I've been wanting for so long~", the Phantom Thief announced again and got closer and closer to the young detective. Meanwhile Shinichi could feel the other's breath...

But before Shinichi could ask what Kid was up to, he felt Kid's lips on his own. His eyes widened in shock, he really hadn't expected that. He was as rigid as the door behind him and couldn't move an inch, which disappointed the thief quite a bit. Somehow Kaito had hoped he would return the kiss. A little devastated he let go of the detective and disappeared in another cloud of smoke, leaving Shinichi standing. He still couldn't move and certainly couldn't believe what had just happened... But wrong, no.... it hadn't felt wrong. That's what shocked him the most.

It was only the pounding on the other side of the door that brought the brunette back to reality. "Shinichi! Hey Shinichi! Open up!" Ran called while her father knocked. "Kudo, are you even in there??", Hakuba asked after Ran didn't get an answer. "...he stole it..." Shinichi whispered still rather baffled. He slowly ran his fingers over his lips. Shinichi was still deep in his thoughts when the door behind him opened abruptly and hit the back of his head. "Damn!!", he scolded, checking to see what had happened. Kogoro had kicked in the door without noticing if anyone was behind it. "Oops. You're here!", said the man who opened the door while scratching the back of his head.