𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨

Ana walked into the restaurant, her hair falling onto her back, her black dress making her look fiercely intimidating to everyone around her. She found the group at their table, Natalia waved over to her to sit down next to Charles. Charles stood up from his chair and greeted Ana with a kiss on her cheek, he pulled out her chair, she sat down after placing her bag next to her on the table.

The group talked whilst drinking fine wine. George had his arm around Natalia. Ana could clearly see that the two were in love, and she envied it. Ana's ex boyfriend who she'd been dating for 2 years had left her completely put off with the idea of getting into another relationship. Though she'd been with different men here and there, no one had ever been good enough for her.

Charles began to mirror George's actions, he placed his arm behind Ana and rested it on her chair. Though she played it off, she realised when Charles did this. The noise of conversation and laughter filled the restaurant, the smell of the food floated around, the sun was just beginning to set and the warm orange rays filled the restaurant. The four laughed away and continued to talk the night away.

After a while the group left the restaurant, the warm air played with Ana's hair, the sky was now turning into a deep blue.

"we are going to a club, Ana come with us" Natalia, tipsy off of her two wines was now pulling on Anastasia's arm and asking her to come clubbing with them. Ana further examined the street, the dancing lights of distant skyscrapers twinkled in her eyes, she could see other people getting into their Ubers and making their ways to clubs and parties.

"Why not" Ana smiled.

The four made their way into a car, they were driven through the Main Street where clubs thrived, overlooking the beach, a cool breeze lingering through the car. Charles' hand now on Ana's thigh, the blinding lights of buildings and cars contrasted with the soft breeze made Ana completely relax in her seat.

George guided the driver to the club where they wanted to go, they pulled over to the side and thanked the driver while they made their way out the car. George pulled Natalia closer to him and put his arm around her waist as they made their way to the club. Instantly the atmosphere changed as they walked into the building. The club was playing music loudly, the lights throughout the club were red and the bar was illuminated by purple lights, the bartender mixed different drinks and handed them to partying guests. Natalia instantly pulled Ana with her to where everyone was dancing. The song blinding lights played over the speakers and filled the club. Natalia and Ana completely let go and danced away.

A man around Ana's age, with sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes made his way over to the two girls. He held Ana's hand and spun her around so she could be in front of him, Natalia watched over at the two and mouthed - who is that? - Ana shook her head but continued to dance with the mysterious man. The beat of the music seemed to match up with Ana's heartbeat and she could feel the song in her bones.

The man leaned over into her neck, "you're a good dancer". Ana smiled at this and continued to dance with him to the music, their bodies moved in perfect rhythm. Natalia had made her way over to Charles and George at the bar.

"Where's Stas?" Charles questioned the girl. She turned her head towards the dancing crowd and nodded towards Anastasia.

Charles could barely see anything but once his eyes adjusted to the moving bodies he could see Ana, dancing with a six foot tall 'Calvin Klein model'. He moved around uncomfortably in his chair and took another drink of the cocktail he'd ordered earlier. Natalia saw the discomfort from Charles' body language, she looked over to George and he noticed too.

"That should be you two dancing" Natalia spoke over the music, Charles looked over to her with a defeated look plastered on his face.

"So go" Natalia waved at Charles for him to hurry up. Charles shook his head but knew he wouldn't win against Natalia, she was stubborn and persistent, she'd force you to do something that she knew would benefit you, and she wouldn't let it go. He drank the rest of his drink in a second and made his way to the crowd, fixing his button up as he walked. The music seemed to beat in his chest, he was never a big fan of nightclubs, he preferred to go out to a nice dinner instead.

"dance with me!" A girl with blonde hair pulled on his arm, her baby blue dress complimented her figure, but Charles wasn't interested, he only had one thing on his mind. The girl, still holding onto his arm, followed him. Charles looked over and caught a glimpse of Ana dancing with the mysterious man.

"Dance with me..." the girl asked again, Charles turned over and looked at the girl before looking back at Ana. The girl started to smile as Charles caved in and danced with her.

"Isabella" she leaned in and spoke into Charles' ear.

"Charles" he replied, still looking around for Ana and her new dance partner.

Charles felt an overwhelming feeling of jealousy, and this feeling made him resent the idea of being out anymore. He suddenly felt somebody's back on his, he went to turn but Isabella snapped his head back to face her with her hand. The song blizzard played throughout the club, the music getting louder with each second until it drowned out any other sound.

The scene played out in slow motion, the club still soaked with red lights, and the music now blasting, Charles dancing back to back with a stranger, and the blonde girl now with her back towards him, leaning in closer.

Back at the bar sat George and Natalia watching everything play out, "What are they doing..."

Charles continued to dance, Isabella getting more comfortable with each passing moment. The blonde girl moved in extremely close, this made Charles move back fast, bumping into the person who danced behind him.

The sudden push made Ana turn around, her eyes landing on the girl in the pink dress dancing on Charles, her eyes now moving back to Charles who had moved away from the girl, the two stood in the middle of the club, not one of them saying anything. All Ana could think was how pathetic. She smiled at Charles, before walking away from the crowd, leaving him there with Isabella.

"I'm going" Ana took her jacket from Natalia and told the two that she was going to get an Uber back to her hotel, they had offered her to go with them but she refused, she wanted to go now.

She left the club, the once warm air had now turned cold, and she could feel her skin becoming covered with goosebumps, she put on her jacket although it didn't provide much warmth at all. She typed into her phone, finding the nearest Uber to take her back to her hotel, it was moments like this that she wished she was back in Monaco, in her warm bed watching the newest episode of real housewives. It was nearly impossible to type, her hands were shaking, from the cold or from general anxiety she didn't know. She liked travelling but always preferred to be home with her cat and her family. She often wished she still lived in Russia too.

A voice from behind took her out of her reminiscing on better memories. "are you leaving?"

Charles walked closer to her, his hands dug deep into the pockets of his jacket. Ana nodded. Charles took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders. "That girl, by the way, I don't know her..."

"It's ok" Ana cut Charles off, she didn't need an apology, she just wanted to go home. It wasn't that he was dancing with another girl, Ana was doing the same thing after all. It was the feeling of uncertainty that made her so irritable, she hated seeing Charles with other women, but why?

A notification buzzed on Ana's phone, she turned her phone over and saw that her Uber had arrived, the man in the black car waited for her across the street. "Bye Charles" she said almost in a whisper, she turned on her feet and walked to the car.

"Stas" Charles called, the old nickname that he'd been using forever, he always claimed to be the one who started calling her that. She turned to look at him, "room for one more?" He nodded towards the Uber.

She smiled, nodding for him to follow her. The two followed each other to the car, Charles opened the door for her, she slid into the backseat and he followed. The car began to drive down the streets of the busy city, the cold air filling the backseat, Ana rested her head on Charles' shoulder, she fell asleep for a short moment, she was completely comfortable. Charles pulled out his phone and messaged George.

she's safe, she's with me

He turned his phone off and enjoyed the rest of the car ride with her head on his shoulder.