Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of stomping. It sounded like it was above me in the attic, but the noise seemed to travel through the attic. It was dead silence for just a minute and then it started again. I got up and looked outside thinking that it was a branch hitting the side of the house. There was no wind outside and the tree wasn't moving. I went into the hall and looked in Caleb's room. He was still sleeping. I went into my mom and dad's room. They were sleeping. I checked the rest of the house and nobody was awake. The windows were closed. There was no reason for that noise. I walked back to my bedroom and crawled into bed. The noise started again. Finally got sick of hearing it so I grabbed a flashlight and my camera and headed to the attic door. I turned on my camera and my flashlight and looked around. I couldn't see anything. Then my flashlight went out and I really couldn't see anything. I looked around through my camera and I could see again. I'm so glad my camera had night vision. I spun around looking for the steps and saw a man standing in the back corner. I stood there frozen in fear. He wasn't normal. He had no face. He was just this black mass. I finally worked up the courage to run. I tripped over a board and hit the floor hard. I stood back up and ran again. I found the attic door and jumped right through it. I didn't even use the stairs. I didn't care if I broke my leg when I hit the floor, I just wanted to get away from that thing. I ran to my bedroom with my feet stinging from the landing. I jumped onto my bed and pulled the blankets over my head and prayed for morning to come soon.