Ch 6: Silver Reunion

THE 4TH TRIAD

ARC II: THE WANDERER

Previously:

Acier Silva woke up from her sixteen-year slumber, much to the surprise of everyone who had heard the news. Shinji and his two friends, Hiro and Keigo, went to see the queen of the Heart kingdom after being summoned by their home country to return for reasons unknown to them.

Meanwhile, Asta encounters a girl named Annabelle Lee while on the run for Clover Magic knights.

Chapter 6: Silver Reunion

Clover Kingdom | Year 928 of the Continental Calendar (16 years before the current events)

It was just a normal mission.

Patrol the outskirts of Clover, investigate the unusual activities going on there and report back to the Wizard King.

Kaneki Vermillion was sceptical about sending her in the first place. There were other important matters that needed her attention at the moment. Clover had more than enough senior magic knights to handle the task.

But, she was adamant.

She insisted that she should go. The 27th wizard King, Kanek, already suggested Julius Novachrono do the investigation instead. However, she insisted on being the one to handle it.

For all who knew her, Acier Silva, Captain of the Silver Eagles, was as stubborn as ..... well, she was stubborn.

It was a simple, regular mission.

Reports came in that people living at the border were hit by an unknown illness, a 'plague' as many called it. Preliminary investigation showed that a foreigner arrived at the border village a few days prior to the outbreak. The foreigner was said to have been wearing a cape with the Spade Kingdom emblem on its back.

Acier's mission was simple. Investigate who this person was, as well as other unusual activities going on there,

It was just an ordinary mission. At least it was until now.

Clover Kingdom: Silver Eagles Headquarters | Year 944 of the Continental Calendar

If any told Nozel that he would ever acknowledge a peasant in his life, he would have brushed it off.  However, a magicless peasant in the Asta had managed to prove himself that even peasants and commoners were important to the Clover Kingdom.

Not that he wasn't aware. 

He had to admit, the discrimination that existed in the kingdom was alarming. Which was why he was happy that Asta and Yuno were setting the pace to change that narrative.

He was brought out of his musing by a knock on his door. "Come in."

The person walked in, revealing to be Nebra, his younger sister.

"How are you feeling now?"

"I'm all good. My wounds are completely heald." She said. "Still you shouldn't push yourself too hard."

"I know."

"..."

"..."

It's no surprise, the awkward atmosphere that existed between the two siblings. Anyone who knew the Silva family knew that they weren't exactly close with one another.

"Well,... what brings you here, Nebra?" Nozel managed to say, despite the awkwardness he was feeling. Which was mostly his fault it existed in the first place.

"It's about Noelle." Nebra said. The awkward atmosphere slowly vanishing as soon as she spoke.

"What about Noelle? Did something happen?" He asked. "No, it's just-"