CHAPTER 07 : CONSTRICTIVE HEADBAND

『Y ou 're not go ing to da y?』

“I planned to, but Sangah-ssi said she'll be here in a few minutes.” Kim Dokja supposedly plans to meet with Punisher, to apologize and to tell her that he wouldn't be able to come because he has something important to do. 

However, he contacted Yoo Sangah yesterday, but she was delayed for unknown reasons only she knows, and only came this time. Kim Dokja also heard from her that Yoo Sangah would stop at Aileen's store for a moment before she went to his place. Even so, Kim Dokja thought it would be better to wait for her at the entrance of the building, or bumped into her along the way. 

Kim Dokja put on his signature white coat before he left the building. He turned to one alleyway he often used as a shortcut but ended up coincidentally encountering her. They were both slightly shocked.

“Kim Dokja-ssi.” Yoo Sangah greeted Kim Dokja. The latter returned the greetings. 

“I was on my way to get you.” 

“Didn't I tell you, you don't have to? I'm not someone who'll lose her way to a new building.” Yoo Sangah chuckled.

“It's not an insult right?”

Yoo Sangah's laughter increased as she wiped the tear formed on her eyes. “... Of course not.” She patted Kim Dokja's shoulder and walked past him.“Then, let's go to your place.”

Kim Dokja turned around and followed before her, however, the aggressive pain washed over him again. His legs felt weak and collapsed on the ground. His complexion was also becoming paler. ‘This damn curse… ’ 

“Dokja-ssi!” Yoo Sangah belatedly realized what happened and rushed to help him. 

“I'm fine, you don't need to.” Kim Dokja said as he tried to stand up. His legs were wobbly and whenever he tried to take a step, another fanged of pain struck him. Fortunately, Yoo Sangah was there to support him as his body was also bound by threads. 

“You're clearly not fine.” He heard Yoo Sangah's worried voice. “Why did you even go out if you're not feeling okay?” Like a mother to her children, Yoo Sangah berated him. 

“Well, I didn't know it would be active this time either.” Kim Dokja didn't lie though. Sometimes, when he thought he felt kinda okay, the symptoms of the curse activating would torment him. And if he thought he was under the weather, the symptoms wouldn't resurface. He thought that the curse was toying him around with his hand, mocking his suffering.

“Can you walk or I'll just lift you up?” Kim Dokja's eyes twitched. He was still a guy and it wouldn't be a good feeling when a woman gave you a lift– though, Yoo Sangah would be using the threads. Kim Dokja still chose to oppose. 

As he was about to answer Yoo Sangah's question, an unexpected voice came out behind her. “Kim Dokja.”

Kim Dokja lifted his head from Yoo Sangah's shoulder and saw Punisher expressionless eyes staring at him. He then realized the position he was in. Kim Dokja abruptly shoves his body away from Yoo Sangah which causes the pain to resurface once again. 

“Dokja-ssi! You shouldn't move carelessly.” Yoo Sangah supposedly tried to help him but stopped by him. The Fourth Wall already did its job though a little, he still has a headache. 

Yoo Sangah was curious why Kim Dokja acted that way. He was like a wife who doesn't want her husband to misunderstand the situation. So Yoo Sangah turned her head behind her to see a menacing beauty that could threaten any woman around.