They took a hike...

"Come on now, Jesse."

"No." Jesse looked up at Mikey and laughed as he stood above her giving her puppy eyes. She laughed as she stayed sitting upside down on her sofa letting her legs stretch on the wall.

"Mikey went down on his knees and kissed her forehead. "Please!!" He begged. "I thought you liked hiking and rock climbing?"

"I do."

"But?"

"But I just don't feel like it." She said feeling a bit dizzy as blood began to rush to her head heavily. She sat up and smiled. "Why don't we do something else for our anniversary this weekend?"

"Nope." Mikey got off the floor and jumped on the sofa putting his legs ontop of her lap. "It's hiking and rock climbing or nothing. Take it or leave it."

Jesse thought for a moment. "I'll leave it."

"Why?"

"Because if we were married, it would've been a different story." she said playfully throwing his legs off her.

"You're going to throw that at me?"

"Yep." She got off the sofa and walked over to the kitchen.

Mikey followed her and stopped at the doorway and crossed his arms. "You are evil."

"Who said I wasn't?"

She winked at him as he came up to her and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Please?"

"No."

Ding-dong.

"I'll get it." Jesse let herself loose from Mikey's arms and ran to the door.

She opened the door and regret it. "Hi sweetie!!" her mother said.

"Hi mom." She replied.

"Oh! Give your mother a hug!! Oh!!" Her mother grabbed her daughter and hugged her tightly. Jesse could smell the horrible perfume her mother wore and almost gagged. The fur coat she wore made Jesse feel like she was hugging a fluffy cat.

When her mother finally let go, Jesse wanted to thank God from not letting her die from over dosage of bad perfume. "Is that boyfriend Mitchell here?"

"It's Mikey mom." Jesse said as she watched her mother sit down on her sofa.

"Mitchell, Mikey, whatever."

"Hello Mrs. Burnar." Mikey said as he came in.

"Oh." Mrs. Burnar stared at Mikey as if he were some kind of little deformed rat licking its butt. "Hello."

"How's the dead bear you're wearing? It looks like it's tired from all that cologne you wear."

Mrs. Burnar looked at him as if she'd been slapped. "Why! I'll have you know that my daughter doesn't deserve someone like you! She could find another decent man who doesn't stare at rocks for a job."

Jesse rolled her eyes. "He's a geologist mom."

"So what." Mrs. Burnar held up her chin up and sat herself up straight. "Jesse, I invited you to a dinner this weekend at Sinclair's house. Remember him?" Jesse did remember him. Her mom has been trying to set her up with him for the longest time. But she just doesn't like stuck up men like Sinclair. He was always mean and was a stick in the mud. He would always think he knows it all. Secretly, it's like he does know it all sometimes.

The horror of being at a party with Sinclair was too much for Jesse. "Sorry Mom," she said walking to Mikey and intertwined her arm with his. "I'm going hiking and rock climbing with Mikey for our anniversary this weekend."

Mikey looked down at her and gave her a playful smile and a look that told her he won. "Fine." her mother said standing up. "I try to warn you about him but you never listen. Have fun getting dirty and sweaty while climbing those dangerous rocks."

"We'll get sweaty and dirty alright." Mikey mumbled. Jesse bit her lips and fought back a laugh and hit him. Mrs. Burnar looked at him unapprovingly and rolled her eyes and went to the door.

"If you change your mind just come over to Sinclair's house on Friday at five. Dress decently and don't bring him."

"We'll have fun rock climbing mom." Mikey waved his hand and ran to hug Mrs. Burnar.

"LET GO OF ME YOU SASQUATCH!!!" Mrs. Burnar screamed.

Jesse ran to them and parted them both. "Bye mom. I'll think about it."

Mrs. Burnar rolled her eyes and left the house. Jesse quickly closed the doors and breathed out heavily. She looked at Mikey and saw a playful grin spread across his face. She knew exactly what he was thinking. "Where are we going hiking and rock climbing?"

"Somewhere." He said. Mikey smiled and ran to the other room packing their things for their weekend trip to the mountains.

TWO DAYS LATER ON THEIR ANNIVERSARY

Jesse sat on the passenger seat and pulled out her phone playing a quick game of solitaire. She and Mikey had waken up at five in the morning spending an hour getting all their gear ready. Plus, Mikey lost his keys to the car and somehow Jesse thought of to look in the fridge for them. Sure enough, they were between the eggs and last nights' dinner. Oh, the many ridiculous things he does that can put a smile on her face.

They had finally arrived at a good hiking trail. Jesse argued it'd be a lot more better if they take the hike to the mountain they'll be climbing. Mikey, argued the opposite. That they climbed first and then take a hike. They had a few laughs about how wrong it sounded when Mikey said 'then they'd take a hike'. In the end, Jesse tricked him into taking the hike first.

"First we will drive, then not not not not take a hike and then not not not not not rock climb first. Right?"

Mikey looked at her confused trying to break down what she just said and nervously replied, "Yes?"

"Thank you!"

She smiled as she remembered that look of accepted defeat on her boyfriend's face. She looked at him now driving up a road that engulfed them in trees. He wore his favorite shades and necklace that his little brother, Greg, made for him before he died of cancer. Mikey was devastated for almost a whole year. It really hurt them both that this tragic incident occured. It's been four years and it still bugs them sometimes. Only when it is brought up.

Mikey pulled up to a small hiking trail that was suitable for them both. "It's perfect." he said. "Not too big, but not too small. Perfect. Like me."

Jesse rolled her eyes. "Ha! You wish."

"It came true, no?"

She rolled her eyes and got her and Mikey's back pack out of their car and went up to the trail. "How long is it?"

"I forgot. But, I know for a fact it's an alright trail." He shrugged. Mikey put his back pack on and began to walk. "Ready?"

"Ready." Jesse said holding Mikey's hand. Mikey smiled as she held his hand tightly and kissed her lightly on the lips.

Mikey and Jesse had barely taken three steps and saw something flash before them. The light was bright enough to force the young couple to use their hands to cover their eyes from the brightness of whatever shined. Mikey and Jesse felt something begin to suck them inward and screamed once they were off their feet and pulled towards the unknown light. They held tightly onto each other and didn't let go as they entered, the twilight zone....

Just kidding. They entered the magical world that is called by its inhabitants, the Light Realm.

***************************************************

dedicated this story to xquestionmarkx for being the first one to dedicate me to something X)

hope y'all enjoy this story to your fullest. adios amigos, until i post another part  ^_^