Preface

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT. The second draft, titled The Sun Sídhe, is currently being written and posted elsewhere on my profile. If you'd like to keep reading, go ahead! But as a fair warning, this version is very different from the rewrite.

><

What's this? Dreams is starting a new book? Is it for the ONC?

Well... yes, yes it is. Although I'm not quite sure whether I'll be entering the contest officially, the spark that grew into this story began with their prompts. Most significantly, "With great power comes great irresponsibility." There were two others that also stood out to me, though: "There was something inside me that wouldn't stop until the whole world was blood" and "Was this a game to you?"

Fun, right? 

The first prompt is what the story (or rather, a certain character) will revolve around, but the others certainly helped guide it along. And after crying about my plot to my friends and struggling with character motivations, I've finally begun to write it out. Sporadic updates are highly likely, but I plan to have fun, and hope that y'all enjoy this story as much as I will!

(EDIT: As it turns out, I did enter the ONC officially! And the prompt I chose was the one to do with blood. No reason, no reason at all, this book is all fun and games >.>)

Also... *clears throat*

I still beat Pup in posting the thing :D

Note: many parts of this book are very heavily based upon/influenced by Irish mythology, traditions, etc. However, it is not meant to represent anything, nor is it meant to be entirely accurate; I simply found elements of Ireland, its history, and its language beautiful and wanted to adapt them into a story.

><><

This novella is dedicated to the wolf, the reptile, and the card. For dragging me into the ONC with you, being my friends, tolerating my rambles, and everything else.