Chapter Three: Titan Training

Warnings: Swearing, (somewhat) fighting, mature references, suicide thoughts/mentions.

Plot: Feeling as if you're not good to be the Armoured Titan, you seek out an old friend you find to be family and they give you the confidence to stand and fight.

Word Count: 3.6K+

Pronouns of Reader: She/Her

Gender of Reader: Female

Pairing: Porco Gilliard!Son x Reiner Braun!Daughter Reader

Author's Note: So this chapter has been playing in my head for quite some time now and I wanted to write it out and live out my fantasy (HAHA). I've changed up some of the family tree because it makes more sense to me. The children of Reiner Braun and an OC mother are: Y/N Braun and her twin, Colt Braun (Grice in the fandom), Falco Braun (Grice in the fandom), and the younger OC twin girls, Sydney and Lilia Braun. The children of Porco Gilliard and Pieck Finger are: OC son, Erik Gilliard, and Gabi Gilliard (Braun in fandom). Bertholdt and Annie are also present in this imagine! The previous holders of the titans don't get eaten and I canon in my imagines they find a way to extract their essence and still live afterwards! Both the reader and Erik are of legal age (Reader being 21 and Erik being 20)!

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

The wind blew through your hair, your face cold and damp from the sweat that glistened your skin. A heavy breath came from your mouth, stopping yourself abruptly, heaving at the sight before you. You felt like you were going to throw up, felt your lungs burning and stomach churning at the vigorous activity you had no choice but you participate in.

"Braun!" The soldier shouted, your ears began ringing as you turned in the direction of the voice. "If you don't get up and move your ass we'll give the Armoured to someone worth it." He yelled, pointing down at you.

Everyone was well ahead of you, almost at the finish line by now. Hell, even Gabi was doing alright despite her lethargicness. A part of you wanted to scream, wanted to curl up and cry in your bed from embarrassment, another part of you wanted to prove to them that giving you the Armoured wasn't for nothing.

Reiner and his wife watched on with knowing faces from the side, seeing you pant and almost pass out from the pressure of it all. They knew you weren't the fastest or best pick for being a warrior, but you had great battle IQ and combat training that your lack of stamina was overlooked, until now.

"Start moving it, Braun! You wouldn't like what I'd have in store for you if you didn't, girl!" At that threat from the Theo Magath, you took a deep breath, repositioning your rifle at your side and began running. "Girls got another thing coming if she thinks she get slack off." He grumbled to the other soldier who nodded in agreement.

By the time you finally crossed the finish line, you collapsed to the floor and stared up at the cloudy sky. I hope it rains, you thought to yourself, but knowing your luck, it wouldn't.

Despite having already gotten your titans, you still went through tough training; it had probably increased now you were titans and needed to defeat Marley.

"You alright?" You saw Gabi sitting next to you and comforting put her head on your chest. "Your heart is beating really loudly." She commented and closed her eyes.

"Eh, I wonder why." You say sarcastically and put a hand on her head, stroking out her hair. "I don't know how much of this I can take. If Magath makes us run or something, I'm gonna be throwing up in the closest bin."

"That's if you can reach it in time." Someone kicked your foot and you glared up at Erik standing over you with a sly smirk. "Chances are you'll be on the ground passed out on the next exercise. The Armoured Titan, as much as it is useful, doesn't have a lot of stamina, hence why you're on the ground and I'm still standing. The Jaw Titan withstands a lot more stamina than the Armoured, therefore making tithe superior."