Chapter One: New Beginning

Warnings: Swearing, (somewhat) fighting, mature references, suicide thoughts/mentions.

Plot: Being the daughter of Reiner Braun has guaranteed you a spot to be the new Armoured Titan, as well as Porco and Pieck's son and daughter (Erik and Gabi) to inherit both the Cart and Jaw Titan, but is that truly what you want?

Word Count: 2.5K+

Pronouns of Reader: She/Her

Gender of Reader: Female

Pairing: Porco Gilliard!Son x Reiner Braun!Daughter Reader

Author's Note: So this chapter has been playing in my head for quite some time now and I wanted to write it out and live out my fantasy (HAHA). I've changed up some of the family tree because it makes more sense to me. The children of Reiner Braun and an OC mother are: Y/N Braun and her twin, Colt Braun (Grice in the fandom), Falco Braun (Grice in the fandom), and the younger OC twin girls, Sydney and Lilia Braun. The children of Porco Gilliard and Pieck Finger are: OC son, Erik Gilliard, and Gabi Gilliard (Braun in fandom). Bertholdt and Annie are also present in this imagine! The previous holders of the titans don't get eaten and I canon in my imagines they find a way to extract their essence and still live afterwards! Both the reader and Erik are of legal age (Reader being 21 and Erik being 20)!

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

It was a calm and peaceful day, the bird chirped above Liberio and you could see the clouds passing slowly over your head. It wasn't too hot, nor too cold and you breathed in the air deeply before exhaling. You tugged up the yellow arm band you wore on your left arm and looked down at the green grass beneath your body. You weren't sure how long you have been sitting out here in the sunlight, soaking up as much as you could before the day began and your mother began to show concern, turning to Reiner sitting at the dining table with his mother, speaking in hushed voices.

"Reiner, do you think she's ready for this?" Your mother asked him and he looked up to see his wife standing at the kitchen sink with a cloth in her hand. "I mean, she isn't particularly the strongest out of them. What if she gets hurt, or worse...-" Your mother didn't want to bare loosing one of her precious children.

Reiner stood from his seat and came over and held his wife's shoulder softly and looked down at her. "I'm not sure if she's ready for this either, but we have to trust the Marleyean Soldiers that they're ready." He sighed, "I don't want her to be as corrupt as I am, and knowing that she's getting my titan will make me even more concerned for her."

By now you had stood up from your position on the ground and smiled as Samantha, Annie Loenhart's daughter came up the hill to your house. "Hey Y/N, you ready for today?" She asked and stood in front of you.

You shrugged, turning slightly in the direction of your house after hearing what you mother and father said about you. "Well, it's either now or never." You said and shifted your weight from foot to foot.

The thought of becoming a titan scared you, yet you knew that this is what you had to do to help your family, and no matter how hard it was for you, you would do it for them and the people of Marley. What was even more worrying was that you were inheriting your father's titan; he was a hot mess most of your life, having extremely bad nightmares that your mother could barely help him, having almost unpredictable emotions sometimes, and sometimes even forgetting where and who he was, sometimes he even thought he was the soldier on Paradis. There was no doubt you would have to experience what he went through at Paradis and feel what he felt.

Your father had always been a good man though, helping raise his five children with his wife and mother. Sometimes Porco and Pieck would bring over Erik and Gabi to play with their kids.