DUMBLEDORE'S LAST HOURS

"Look, Lady. I'm not a baby and I don't give a damn about your Lordie's plans.", Percy said, locking riptide infront of him, "You wanna know know who am I? Well, I'm a son of Neptune as well as Poseidon, a Greek and a Roman, I've fought gods and titans, and you guys are an annoyance.", Percy continued in what he thought to be his most threatening tone and maybe it worked because no one was moving a muscle, 

"So, you guys are just gonna let us free Dumbledore and-"

"We do not free Dumbledore", Annabeth's voice cut his.

Percy frowned and turned slowly, "We do not free him?"

"Yeah, we do not free him. We just have a nice little talk" Annabeth said glaring at Dumbledore.

Percy, still confused, was joined by Leo as he whispered to her, "Are you sure-"

"Yeah, I'm sure" Annabeth said loudly.

One does not questions their girlfriend, especially if the girlfriend is a daughter of Athena. Percy turned to the death eaters who still looked a bit shaken and crazed. "So, umm, you get it? We'll just want a nice little chat with Dumbledore."

"Never!", Bellatrix screamed, "You filthy creatures-"

"Bella, Enough!", said another death eater holding her back, he looked frightened "let's let them talk"

"Yeah" Percy nodded, "And if any funny business, then I'll remind you that your sticks don't work at a short range and you are definitely not trained at sword fighting"

As the death eaters moved aside they could see Dumbledore more clearly and they recognized the pale figure who was pointing is wand at Dumbledore to be Draco.

Annabeth's eyes widened as she took in the seen. She ran and kneeled her her brother and took in Dumbledore's week form.

"Oh gods" Annabeth whispered as Percy and Leo crowded her.

"I'm rather glad the spell did not kill you. As I suppose it was your both roman as well as Greek blood that protected it. Though It could have definitely killed Annabeth or Leo" Dumbledore said looking at Percy.

"You're changing the topic" Annabeth said, "You know that the demigod is Draco?"

Dumbledore half closed his faded blue eyes. "I had my suspicions of course"

"And do you know what happens if he kills you?" Annabeth hissed "The last time a demigod tried to slew demigods, he died"

Dumbledore looked at Draco who was just out of earshot. "Draco is an innocent student paying for his father's crimes. No, he won't kill me. He can't, precisely"

"Hey there, look you don't have to die. We can save you" Leo said, his arms crossed.

"No, you can't save me" Dumbledore smiled at them.

"That's it then. you're dying right?" Annabeth searched Dumbledore's eyes, "And not because a boy's standing here to kill you but because you chose it. Because of your hand. Am I right or am I right?"

 Annabeth choked back her insults. Percy was her boyfriend so she knew fairly enough of life sacrificing idiots.

"You're a clever human" Dumbledore merely chuckled.

"Not clever, just your sister"

"Wait, you don't mean what she just said was true, right? Not that she's ever wrong but-", Percy sat down heavily, "Are you sure we can't do anything?"

"No, Percy. Your presence itself invited the Chimera here. You can not interfere in something that's not entirely your matter"

"The chimera-" Percy hesitated.

"I know all that happens here" Dumbledore smiled deepening his crow's feet.

Annabeth eyed the two brooms at the end of the room.

"Oh gods, Harry is here isn't he?" Annabeth whispered.

Dumbledore nodded slowly, "And he probably can hear what you're saying"

"It doesn't matter, we'll be gone by tomorrow and Draco's demigod blood removed. It will all be perfect except-", Annabeth's lower lip trembled, "Except you'll be gone"

"I'm hardly young and already dying. It wouldn't make much change if I die to make things the way I want them to be" Dumbledore said.

"The Greeks will mourn you. Athena will mourn you. Your sacrifice won't get wasted" Annabeth said.

"Protect the students, will you?" Dumbledore said eyeing Greyback ushered in the back of the room.

"We will" Percy said.

Annabeth hugged Dumbledore choking back tears.

"Farewell, sister" Dumbledore whispered.

"Oh this is all very touchy" Bellatrix smirked from behind.

Annabeth, Percy and Leo straightened.

Annabeth's eyes shone like hardened stones. "I'll fetch snape",  she said to Dumbledore.