Psalm Devotional 1

I'll be trying to do this daily so yeah enjoy!

Psalm 1  1-6

1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.

-----------------

It's harmful and destructive to take advice of someone who is evil,  just surrounding yourself with only sinners, or joining with the people who make fun of something, the kind that isn't all in good fun/isn't the good type of criticism. That those ones will only cause despair and sorrow.

---------------------

2 But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night.

-------------

To me it's saying that those who read it every day and night brings them joy.

----------------

3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.

------------

I like to think of it like this a tree by a river bank in a drought does better than one that isn't. Because the tree by the river is able to absorb those nutrients.

----------------

4 But not the wicked! They are worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.

------------------

It goes with what I said in the breakdown of verse 3.

------------

5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly.

-------

Basically there's a part in the bible and it takes about when you die and Jesus will say either of two things.

1. Well done my good and faithful servant

2. I do not know you 

Truth is we are all sinners. I'm a sinner. You're a sinner. If saying that makes me lose all my followers then so be it! I'm not living for YOU, I'm living for JESUS! 

There are two different types of sinners those who stay in it and never think about God they don't even admit it. And the sinners who realize they've sinned and admit it but welcome Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

If you've broken one of God's laws then you've broken all. But guess what! There's this wonderful man who was and is perfect. He took your place on the cross. God sent him down for US so that we can have that bridge for a lack of better words to him. When the time comes you will stand before God condemned but those who follow Jesus and have accepted him as their Lord and Savior. He will vouch for YOU! Isn't that absolutely amazing.

---------------

6 For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.

--------------

Verse six goes with my explanation of verse 5.

I'm not doing this book to convert you and stuff but to share my opinion.