Chapter 37: Heartbreaking Ending

Chapter 37

Laura's POV

A month.

It had been a month. A lot had happened, really. A movie part, a reconciliation with my Dad, the end of season one, and the announcement of the show being renewed for a second season.

Oh right, and the wrap party scheduled tomorrow, which I was extremely excited but emotional about. A part of this big project was ending and I wasn't going to see my best friends for over four months.

Except Ross, he wasn't really my friend anymore. At least, that's the message he was sending. He clearly didn't want to be friends anymore.

Things got really strange after that night on New Year's Eve. We never talked about it again. Actually, that was the last time I spoke about something relevant to Ross. I miss talking to him.

Today, Raini and I were buying everything we were missing for the party tomorrow. We had dresses and shoes, but decided to stay at the mall to have a coffee.

"Do you think you'll ever start talking to him before he leaves on tour?" She asked me looking down, as I interpreted that she was trying to be delicate with the subject.

"He's leaving in three days, Rain."

"Well then I'm hoping you'll have the gut to at least say a proper goodbye." She said. "And you know what I mean."

I did, but I didn't want to think about it for now. "But why doesn't he make the first move?" I asked her.

"Laura, babe, let me remind you he didn't do anything wrong. You're the one who ran away that night right after he admitted he was leaving."

"Well what exactly was I supposed to do!? Just stay there and watch him talk about how happy he was of finally getting away from me?"

"Is that how you think he feels, Laura?" She asked with a frown. "You guys have issues, I swear to God."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!?" I hissed. "Listen to yourself, Laura. You guys are avoiding any kind of communication you could possibly have and still complaining about still not talking to each other!" She snapped directly looking at me. She did have a point and he was a little hard to admit.

"So you're saying Ross does want to talk to me?" I asked with a smirk. "Well, of course he does, Laura!" She sighted. "It is Ross Lynch we're talking about."

A small smile grew on my face, and Raini clearly saw it. "Do yourself a favor and please talk to him at the party tomorrow." She added. "I will, I will. I promise." I smiled. "Good."

And with that, we left the mall and she drove me home.

***

I started to get ready at 6 o'clock the next day. The party was starting at around 8. By the time I was done with my makeup and my hair, it was already seven. I called Raini just to make sure I still had a ride to the party.

"Heeey! So still picking me up tonight?" I asked her when she picked up.

"Um actually, I- I can't." She simply said.

"You have got to be kidding me, Rain. We're minutes before the party!" I exclaimed. "What can't you anyway?"

"Hum I- I really can't. Sorry Laur!" She said in a hurry.

"Spill it, Rain."

She sighted. I knew she was asking herself if she was going to tell me or not. But I wouldn't hang up until I got my answer. "Well..."