Chapter Seven

“Do you think they’ll come back?” I asked, looking towards Steven as he mulled Judd’s question over about our link perks being gone completely.

Rubbing his jaw, he clicked his tongue and finally answered us. “Well shit.” It was the first time that I had ever heard him curse, and it was amusing. Steven, just looked baffled. “I don’t know. This isn’t what I deal with, if you ask me wolf to wolf questions then I can help, but human and wolf. It’s not my area of knowledge.” 

“So in other words, you know sweet fuck all.”

Looking at Judd, I sighed. “This blows.”

“In a few weeks you will,” Theo chimed in and I shot him a grin. Yeah, we all knew I would be back on my knees with willing and parting lips.

“You want your snout stitched together?” Ty grumbled. “She’s the Alpha’s mate. Watch it.”

Whoa. Hold up. Ty, coming to my defence? I think we were all surprised by that. “Thanks,” I offered him a smile and he just nodded. His eyes going back to Stevens as the pack doctor began talking again.

“When you mate again, try and remark her. It could be as simple as doing that,” he suggested.

“Can’t we call it sex?” I asked.

Judd smirked. “Not making love?”

“Such a romantic.” He was. “Anyway, when we ‘mate’ how will you know I won’t fall pregnant again?” I hadn’t forgotten his words about the birth control being useless.

My mind also hadn’t stopped imagining Judd’s load bursting through the end of a condom and getting me pregnant. If the wolf wanted babies, then I didn’t have a say in the matter.

“I can control my wolf’s urges. If he’s wanting another pup, I will warn you beforehand.”

“Oh yea, like ‘oh god I’m going to cum... oops, just knocked you up with my huge powerful load,’ you mean like that?” I teased, lowering my voice as the baby stirred in my arms.

Chuckling, Judd rubbed my thigh. “You make me sound so..”

“Obnoxious, and full of yourself,” Theo snorted.

“He’s a generous lover,” I corrected.

“Sound it.” Theo chimed back. “Is your bond completely broken? I mean, they’re still mated right?”

I listened until I began to doze off, our bond wasn’t completely broken and that’s the last thing I heard as I fell into a deep slumber. I heard the mens boots walking, fading away and a door closing then soft padding against the floor coming back into the room.

“Sweetheart,” Judd whispered, skimming his lips against my forehead.

Stirring, my eyes fluttered back open. “Mm?” I asked, keeping my voice quiet.

His long fingers caressed through my hair, gently brushing my locks away. “Let’s get you into bed, you’ll be more comfortable.”

Agreeing, he carefully took hold of Finley as I stood up, feeling like my insides were going to fall out of my vagina. Giving birth, it was definitely a new experience and my body felt wrecked. There was no need to be rushing back into this.

As a typical baby, as soon as our heads hit the pillow, that small little cry started up and didn’t stop until he was fed again. It was amazing to just watch him feed, and I wasn’t the only one staring in awe. Judd was closely inspecting my breast and Finley’s mouth, I told him to go to sleep and rest while he could but he promised, he would be up with each feed with me. It was a team experience.