Lost is Found: Part 2

TW: MENTIONS OF KIDNAPPING

LUCY

Her head pounding, she stirred quietly on the hospital bed. Her wrists burned, and her whole arms ached, but she knew she was safe.

Lucy groggily unstuck her eyes from their closed state, and her eyelids fluttered as she adjusted to the harsh light of the sterile room.

She heard a sharp exhale from beside her, and a shaky laugh, and she turned her head towards the source of the sound. Tim was there, tired, his hair messy, but the look on his face was the epitome of relief.

"Hey," he whispered quietly, his icy blue eyes were lit up. Whether that be from the white lights, or from happiness, Lucy didn't know, but she knew he was happy all the same.

"Hi Tim," she replied, her voice croaky and thin. She cringed at the sound of it, and was going to motion for some water, but Tim already had a styrofoam cup pressed against her lips, tilting it upwards so the cool water washed over her dry throat.

She took a few sips and sighed, already feeling refreshed. Suddenly though, she noticed that one of her hands was warmer than the other, and she looked down, only to see one of Tim's hands encompassing her own. She found she liked it, and she didn't point it out.

"Lucy, what happened?" Tim probed gently.

"I- ," Images flooded her head, of being stuffed in the van, her wrists and ankles bound tightly with duct tape, being gagged, bound, and just hanging from the walls for what felt like days. The memories kept coming, and she began to breathe shallowly, traumatized by the recent events.

"Hey now, don't cry Lucy, I'm sorry, i didn't mean to push," Tim intervened, squeezing her hand and reaching up to brush away tears with the pad of his thumb. His palm rested on her cheek ever so slightly, and she leaned into his touch. They both knew that they were pushing and bending a professional line here, but neither cared.

"Lucy..." Tim whispered as her mahogany eyes connected with his ice blue ones, and held the stare. They were both acutely aware that one of Tim's hand was holding Lucy's, and the other was resting on her face.

Not caring anymore, this being the second time she was on a hospital bed on the job, Tim pushed it, and moved his thumb to stroke her lip. There was a small cut on it, which he brushed over.

Lucy knew what was happening, and she didn't mind. She wanted this. She kissed his thumb gently, and just as Tim moved towards her, voices sounded outside the door, and they pulled away quickly.

His hands whipped away and rested on his knees, and without his presence Lucy felt cold, even though he was sat right next to her. Lucy whimpered slightly, and Tim hung his head in regret, but there was nothing they could do now. The door swing open, and a doctor, followed by John, Nyla and Angela, entered.

~FIN~