safe... for now

Finally we got to the pent house rooftop safely with everyone intact. I looked around to see a perfect little garden and a swing chair. I turned to look at the building and how we were going to get in. The part of the pent house leading to the garden was all glass so I could see the interior, I looked for a door out and I spotted on, it looked locked. But then when I saw the sofa my heart stopped, it was covered in guts and blood.
"Look, at the sofa!" I whispered pointing towards the sofa. Everyone peered in through the glass and I saw there eyes widen in fear.

"we can check what that is when we get in, but at the moment we need to do that very thing. Get into the building." said mathias, who hadn't really spoken. We all scanned the front of the pent house, but I could see no way in. In the corner of my eye I saw Katt looking out on the balcony on the end of the garden. But I left her to it because she was probably still in shock.

I looked at the double glass doors, maybe they would give way if we got mathias to kick them I mean he was a rugby player. But one even if we did we couldn't keep the place warm and completely secure form other people, and I dought that they would give way. This was a secure five star hotel, I don't think they would have doors that can just be kicked in. But it was worth a try.
"hey mathias, You don't think you could kick these doors in do?" I murmured, still scanning the building.
"Ummm maybe, but those doors look solid but I can try if you want." he frowned looking at the door hinges. He flung his leg at where the two doors met, but they didn't even budge. He kicked again, but still nothing, by this point he was booting the door as hard as he possibly could.
"I have a steel batton that I found in my cafe kitchen, along with a dead chef." I prompted.

He nodded to me sticking his arm out, I grabbed my bag and pulled the batton out handing it to him. He swong the batton at the glass making it shake, he hit the corner of one of the giant windows and then again and again and on the fourth swing a cracked appeared. He smurked and swong and again making the glass crack more, he then took a run and swing making the intire window shatter in pieces. He passed the batton back to me and slotted it into my bag. We all stepped inside and began searching the room for any unwanted flesh eating freaks or even psychotic humans. I went straight to the sofa because it appeared to be the only bit of death here. But nothing was on the sofa, just blood, but I then saw a trail if blood from the sofa to the exit. I ran toward the exit to make sure it was sealed but it was slightly open, I pushed it quietly shut and put the lock on. We all made bed arrange ments, I would sleep in the master bedroom with Katt and the boys would sleep in the living area on the sofas.