Chapter 1

A fierce wind howled in Red Son's ears as he battled with the Dragon-Horse Girl. As much as he hated to admit it, he was no match for her speed. Plus that dragon blade of hers was constantly shooting green laser beams at him, and all he could do was dodge them the best he could.

Red Son growled and clenched his fists. He hated the fact that he couldn't land a single hit on her. It made him feel weak and pathetic. How could I, the Demon Bull Prince, be losing to a peasant?! This is utterly unacceptable! He thought to himself, infuriated. His hair burst into flames as he screamed and attempted to shoot her with scorching hot fire balls (which, of course, she managed to dodge all of them).

In the heat of the battle, right behind Dragon-Horse Girl he could see his mother, Princess Iron Fan, taking on the pig man and the buff, blue.... thing. They were  throwing punches and kicks at the Princess, but she effortlessly blocked all the attacks with her massive fan, barely breaking a sweat. Red Son shifted his attention over to his father, the Great Demon Bull King, who was fighting the pesky Noodle Boy. Wait a minute.... aren't there five in their little group? He scanned the battlefield. About a mile away, he spotted a white truck with a pig head on it. Cowering behind the truck stood a man with black hair, big glasses, and a red scarf. Red Son snickered at his cowardice.

In his moment of distraction, however, Dragon-Horse Girl managed to blast him with a heavy hit from her jade green blade. The fire prince was shot back a good thirty feet before grunting and slowly getting back up, clutching his side. "HOW DARE YOU?! I'll make you pay for that!" He screeched as his entire body erupted into flames. Letting out another battle cry, Red Son jumped up and shot a tidal wave of fire at the peasant girl. Unfortunately for him, she dodged it once again, causing it to hit his mother instead.

It took Red Son about 0.5 seconds to process what just happened, and then pure panic and fear set in. "MOTHER!!" He gasped and teleported to her side in a fiery cyclone. Crouching down and holding onto her shoulders, he realized that her left arm was thoroughly burned. Red Son shook his unconscious mother slightly in an attempt to wake her up. "Mother, please, wake up!"

Everyone else had stopped their brawling, and the Demon Bull King rushed to his wife's side as soon as he noticed what happened. Red Son just sat by her side, unable to do anything but pray that she would be okay. Then, the woman's eyes slowly drifted open, signaling that she was waking up. "Princess!" "Mother!" Red Son and DBK said in unison. Once she fully regained consciousness, she groaned due to the throbbing pain that was coming from her scorched arm. Princess Iron Fan sat up and looked from her son, to her husband, to her burnt arm. She started to tremble, but it wasn't from pain; it was from pure rage.

"Y-you... YOU INSUFFERABLE, USELESS BOY!!! LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS WILL DO TO MY REPUTATION?! I KNEW YOU WERE INCOMPETENT BUT I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD EVER LEAD TO THIS!!" She screeched at her son. Tears starting to form in his eyes, he could only mutter a simple "I... I'm so so sorry mother! Please, forgive me!" "HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO FORGIVE YOU AFTER A STUNT LIKE THIS?! YOU'RE ALREADY LUCKY ENOUGH THAT I HAVEN'T DISPOSED OF YOU BEFORE NOW, BUT NOW YOU GO AND BURN MY ARM?! I MEAN, DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO CONTROL YOUR POWERS AT ALL?!"

Red Son only sat there and endured the yelling. The insults. He'd been doing it for years, surely he could withstand it once more. Red Son was incredibly humiliated. He shot a quick glance towards the five peasants (the coward had come out of his hiding place to watch the show, I suppose, Red Son thought) who were standing about ten feet away from the furious father, the screaming mother, and the crying son. He had only glanced at them to see their facial expressions. To see their reaction to the events unfolding before their eyes. Pity. Every single one of them had pity plastered all over their faces.

That did it. That cut the string. That broke down the wall that stopped him from talking back all this time, causing him to be flooded with 12 years worth of built up anger. "Maybe this wouldn't have happened if you actually TAUGHT ME HOW TO USE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE! I TAUGHT MYSELF HOW TO USE MY POWERS!! JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE I'M GOOD AT! YOU NEVER TAUGHT ME ANYTHING BESIDES HOW TO BE CRUEL AND EVIL AND A LIAR!!" Red Son yelled.

"Don't you dare speak to your mother like that, child!" DBK said.

"And YOU! You saw how terribly she treated me and you did NOTHING! All I ever wanted was your approval! That's the only reason I even became evil in the first place!! All because I wished to please you! But I see now how naive and childish it was for me to wish for something so badly, knowing that it would never come true. You two are nothing but... PEASANTS!!!" He screamed, hair and eyes bursting into flames. As soon as he shot that last insult their way, his hands shot up to his mouth, covering it.

Princess Iron Fan and the Demon Bull King were glaring daggers into their son's eyes. "What did you just call us?" PIF said, venom dripping from every syllable that left her mouth. Red Son was officially terrified. "Uhh... I... I-" "Pack your things. You're to be out of the house by midnight. I NEVER wish to see your face again." The princess interrupted him.

"WHAT?! B-but Mother I-" "SHE SAID PACK YOUR THINGS!!!" His father shouted in his face, and Red Son knew there was no convincing them.

He was no longer their son.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello and thank you for reading! I'm hoping this chapter wasn't too angsty, this should be the only chapter that is actually angsty at all. Well, maybe a bit more in the future but I haven't thought that far ahead minus the idea that inspired me to write this story. Anyways, I'm gonna head out. Have a great day/ night!

1107 words