Commutio et Fatia

“We can’t afford to lose Commutio, my dear. He is our only hope.”

“Ah, but of course, dear.”

The demonic couple ran away from the Lumi Exorcists through the dark woods. Their son, Commutio, is a young demon boy, and the last of the Obscura Demons. All of the Obscuras were killed by the Lumi, and in this wild chase, the demonic couple was killed too, by a Lumi couple. Unfortunately, the child was able to teleport to another place.

“Darn, we almost had that kid! Now it’s going to be tough for us!”

“You’re right. Obscura Demons can shape shift and disguise as humans.”

Indeed, Commutio was no longer found by the Lumi Exorcists, but he still lived on as a new student in an elementary school. This 7-year-old Obscura boy was the last hope of their clan, and as he has promised his parents, he will seek revenge for all those who were killed by the Lumi.

One day at school, there was a tougher kid who picks on him, because he was smaller and weaker. They were together on a vacant storage room in the school. With his demonic powers, he stares into this kid and mentally chokes him to death. The kid’s body was found the next day, and everyone who touched the kid died a few hours later. The ‘curse’ spread throughout the school and eventually, throughout the whole town.

Now Obscura Demons have a complex growth system. Due to being immortal, they cannot age unless they kill people and absorb their souls. The more evil a soul is, the more powerful and older an Obscura grows. Through that area infection, Commutio slowly aged about 2 years in a span of 2 months. He also increased in demonic power, but still remained in human disguise so no one would suspect him.

He soon meets a braided blonde girl named Fatia. She is a happy-go-lucky detective who is on the mission in finding out the cause of this strange epidemic. Fatia was especially kind to Commutio and didn’t notice anything strange about him.

On each town that Fatia and Commutio stop by, the boy kills a couple of people and lets the curse devour more souls for him to grow more, in physical form and in powers. But all of these were done while Fatia was asleep, so she didn’t notice anything.

However, as months passed by, she noticed how Commutio was growing fast, in an unusual way. She asked of this directly.

“I have a strange growth syndrome, according to the doctors at the orphanage. They left me in the streets because there was no cure for my condition.” said Commutio to Fatia. She believed in him and felt sorry for him.

“Don’t worry, Commutio. Even if you become an old man, I’ll take care of you! We’ll go through this journey together and hopefully, catch the culprit of this epidemic disease!” Fatia said to the boy, who, at that time, was already about 15 years old in appearance.

But as all lies have an end, Commutio prepared for the worst-case-scenario. He secretly heard Fatia being told by some relatives that her parents have also died from the epidemic. With this, he leaves Fatia and sets on his own journey – onto his original mission of destroying mankind that has put their clan to rest.

Fatia was completely worried about Commutio, but at the same time, she wanted to figure out who the culprit of the epidemic is. Eventually, almost all the countries of the world had dead people and populations were greatly decreased by nearly 90%. The remaining 10% were mysteriously teleported to a wide deserted field in Italy. These people seem to have been under a mind control of some sort, as Fatia saw them, peeking from behind a building. She was wondering why she wasn’t part of the crew.

And then all of a sudden, a large, dark palace rose from the ground, in front of the people. From it came a grown, dark-skinned man with black hair. He had horns and a grim smile. He seems to be controlling the people.