Chapter 26

BreakThrough

NarutoVsTannin

Rating Game Dimension – Dragon Mountains

Naruto's Base

Naruto and his group proceeded to walk towards the exit of their cave, not caring about the orange dragon standing guard at the front. Said dragon growled at the approaching group, flexing its claws in anticipation for the violence that was soon to happen.

Stopping only a few meters away from the dragon, Naruto waved at the dragon without fear, "Hey there, little fella...what'cha doing here, huh? Wanted to come over and play with the Devils?" mocked the Bael.

Coughing out a black plume of smoke, the dragon (Charizard) roared in anger as it suddenly attacked with a blast of fire that shift-shaped into a five pointed star. The dangerously hot flames carved through the solid stone ground as it shot towards the group.

Reacting instantly, Naruto summoned a magic circle and countered with multiple beams of regular magic. Piercing through the flaming attack, the beams made contact with Charizard, blowing him away while causing a minor explosion.

"Seems like this place is done for..." said Anna, watching their base cave in from the explosion.

"We'll leave the small lizard to you, Orochi." said Naruto as he called forth his Devil wings, everyone excluding Orochimaru following suit. With a collective flap of wings, the peerage flew off, escaping the collapsing cave and leaving the snake man to deal with Charizard, who was pulling itself out of a wall of mountain rock.

Orochimaru, Half-Blooded Low-Class Devil, [Pawn]

vs.

Charizard, Half-Blooded Low-Class Devil, [?]

"This environment isn't really the best for poor me..." Orochimaru said as he looked down at the recovering dragon. Their former base cave was set at a higher elevation, so Orochimaru was staring down at the dragon as it took a few steps away from the wall, looking up to his prey. 'These rocks are to sturdy for me and my snakes to burrow through...but these mountains do provide more than enough hiding spots for me to take advantage of...' thought the pale man, analyzing his surroundings for any advantage.

However, Charizard didn't give the only [Pawn] of Naruto any more time to think of a strategy as it flew at Orochimaru, coating its claws in green draconic energy, making them more powerful and dangerous. Roaring at Orochimaru, Charizard closed in with a double-clawed swipe, but Orochimaru ducked underneath the larger Devil-hybrid. Snakes shot out of Orochimaru's sleeve as they wrapped themselves around the dragon, providing enough time for Orochimaru to put distance between the two before Charizard sliced through them all and charged at Orochimaru again.

"Persistent..." muttered Orochimaru as he safely landed on the ground. Crafting a magic barrier, Orochimaru defended himself just in time as Charizard crashed into the dense shield. Jumping over the shield, the snake summoner withdrew a scalpel from his waist and sliced downwards. Landing on the ground, he glanced behind him to see the damage; he was disappointed to see his scalpel's blade mangled, hardly scratching the orange dragon. 'Tough scales...'

Orochimaru jumped over Charizard's strong tail once the dragon tried to strike him and shot a rapid-fire of close range beams of dark magic at the dragon's back. Flying away, his attack only gave him a few seconds before the dragon burst through the smokescreen caused by the explosion and shot a stream of hot flames at Orochimaru.