Chapter 16-Faunalyn

I awoke to a cold floor and a searing headache. The good thing, Mathew was holding my hand through the cell bars. I sat up not wanting to let go of Mathew, but I had to. Looking around, I was in an underground cell. There was a small window near the ceiling of my prison, wear some light streamed in.
One of the guards looked at us and said something in a different language to the other guard and ran of up the stairs. German? Spanish?
"Do you know what language they're speaking?" Mathew asked also sitting up.
"No idea. Where's everybody else?" Ouch. I clutched my head.
"I don't know, they drugged me so I didn't see what happened."
I moved to the wall of bars next to mathew and reached for his hand. He did the same and took mine. It was cold but the left side of me kept warm next to Mathew. After about ten minutes the same guard returned with a spiffy man in a suit. The guard looked pretty pathetic next to him. Both guards were wearing a moss green button up shirt and gray cargo pants. They also held a hefty unsheathed sword in their hand. The man, who looked about 40, approached. The other guard unlocked the door and the spiffy man walked into Matthew's cell.
"Mathew Darone, son of Aron Darone, how is it going? Are my friends being friendly," The man said opening his hands at the guards. I didn't like this guy. Nobody should talk to Mathew like that.
Mathew just scowled at him. "Thats not my name, and my father's name wasn't Aron Darone."
"Oh yes, I almost forgot. Your wretched mortal mother kidnapped you after childbirth and brought you to the awful world." He had a slippery voice, like he hated Mathew so much and he just wanted to torture him. Cause him as much pain as possible. He was slowly walking toward Mathew.
There was a pause.
"Thats not true." Mathew said quietly.
"You better believe it,Mathew Darone Prince of the Elves." He smirked at those words.
"Elves? Those aren't even real."
"As real as you, you being an elf." The man squatted next to Mathew. He just stared into the man's eyes. Mathew didn't look like and elf. He was tall and didn't have pointy ears. I sank into the corner.
"Who are you?"
"I am none other than the King of the Drakes, your mortal enemy. My name is lord Harlem." He stood and kicked Matthew's side real hard. I felt Mathew grip my hand harder.
"Where are we?" Mathew asked next through gritted teeth.
"In the impressive kingdom of Eligington, in the land of the Drakes." He answered.
"Thats not in America?"
"No, stupid boy." He kicked him again. "You have been brought here by way of a very large tree stump." He chuckled and evil laugh.
"Thats not possible."
"Idiot. Would I lie to you?" He laughed.
I didn't want to talk to this guy. I tried to shrink into the corner trying not to be noticed. Apparently not well enough because Harlem looked directly at me. His slightly red eyes pierced into my soul, all I wanted to do was punch him.
"Now here she is. Faunalyn. Nobody probably told you but you are a very powerful princess. Yes I can tell by your strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. You have your fathers eyes. Your filthy father thinking he was the king of the realm." He walked into my cell. "I didn't like him. All his elf blood in him. Clogging up the brilliant magic he had inside of him. Oh gall how it sticks." He grabbed my shirt and threw me against the cell wall. I heard a loud crack and hoped it wasn't my ribs." But in the losing battle he was fighting he did something very stupid. He gave away his magic to his four daughters. What was he thinking? We would of made a great pair, but he had to go and give up his power to his daughters. Putting them in danger. What did he think was going to happen to them if he lost the battle? That we would just let them go? But someone had to go steal them and practically throw them into the mortal world. What a waste. I would of taken care of the them fine." He stooped down to my level and looked into my eyes. I didn't get anything he was saying but I didn't want to say anything in fear he might do something hurtful. "Simon," he motioned for the gaurd. "Shoot her with the basser to let her know we mean business."
"Wait what?" I shrieked. Simon pulled out an object that resembled a gun but had an extra tube on top full of green liquid.
"WAIT!" Mathew stood up and held up his hand at the guard. "What do you want I'll do anything! I'll, I'll tell you anything!
"Puny boy, what do you have to give me? Anyways I don't need anything from you, it's her I need things from." The guard raised his gun.
"I give it to you, anything!" I shouted.
"I wish it was that simple. But there is someone on their way to help me and they haven't arrived yet. Soon she will come and we can end this nicely."
There was nothing else Mathew could do to save me. Lord Harlem slowly started to walk away. "Give them the usual treatment that we give to rotting elves." And then Simon shot. A bullet emerged from the Basser followed by a squirt of green liquid. The bullet pierced my leg and my entire body erupted in a wave of pain. The green stuff, I found out that it was some kind of acid. It burned away the jeans around where the bullet hit. I gripped the bars and screamed. That dude just ruined my favorite pair of pants.
"Sorry miss," Simon answered in a heavy accent of the language he was speaking earlier. Kinda like a mix of German and Spanish. I said every bad word I knew at him, but it didn't help. At least I couldn't feel my headache anymore.
I squeezed my eyes shut and wanted to go to Mathew, but feeling the condition of my leg, I didn't think I could make it, so I just waited. I didn't really see what happened next but I heard several clunks and then a cell door creak open. My eyes opened to see a head of fiery red hair.
"Its ok. We are help." Her voice was soft and it made me feel like everything was ok. Another girl was opening Mathew's cell door and let him out. He instantly came into my cell and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Can you get up?" The soft voice asked.
"Heavens no." I gasped.
"I got it." Mathew offered. He bent down and picked me up. That made me feel even better. He carried me out of my cell and carefully stepped over the two unconscious guards.
"What *gasp* about *gasp* Jaclyn, May and *gasp* Sarah?" I struggled out. Just then we heard footsteps coming down the hall to our left. The red head pulled her bow and the girl with brown hair drew her sword. The footsteps slowed and May and Jaclyn emerged from the darkness. The immediately raised their hands in surrender. They had new clothes on, a pair of blue and pink floral dresses.
"Names?" The brown haired girl asked.
"I'm Jaclyn and this is May." Jaclyn said quietly. "We need to escape with you."
"Ok lets hurry," the red haired girl said and rushed off into another hallway. They weren't very good at being suspicious.
"Sarah?" I asked cringing.
"She couldn't get away."
"Oh." That sucks. I tried to stay positive and think that she was at home with her family. I hoped she didn't end up like I did.
I leaned my head back so I could see Matthew's handsome face as he took off after the red head. We took a hard left then two rights and then a left again. We ran for like ten minutes. I was surprised how Mathew could carry me this far, but then again, he played every sport you can at Western. With every turn I felt his biceps flex. It was cool.
"Why did you come?" I asked them.
"They make us sick. They think killing is a sport and do it willingly." May said.
"Yeah, these dresses are pretty though."
The silence resumed and we kept running. The pain kept going too, and it spread throughout my body increased with every turn. My ribs added to the bullet hole as they radiated through my body. Everything hurt and I mean everything. Even my teeth hurt.
The walls, streaming past us, were just plain stone with a torch lit every once in a while. The tunnels varied in size. Once the walls were so close that mathew had to turn sideways for me to hit, other times if I would have stretched my hand out I wouldn't of been able to touch them. We passed many tunnels leading who knows where. Some tunnels we could hear talking in some were absolutely quiet, which was scary. And all of them were pitch black so we couldn't see inside.
Soon we emerged through a hole in rock into the stables. Among the hundreds of brown horses were four white ones. Sitting on one was a boy that looked now more than 19.
"Well good afternoon," the boy said nicely when we're got close. I smiled and saw that Mathew did I also. The red head led us to our white horse.
"Sorry, we really didn't accommodate for injuries," the red head apologized.
"We'll be fine," Mathew set me up on the back of our horse and then jumped up in front of me.
"Alright Tyler, lets go," the red head told the boy when everyone was seated. We took off out of the stables, seeing the other horses penned up made me sad. I wish I could set then free, but I was limited. We rode through the valley we were in, mountains towering around us, snow lightly covering the peaks. Soon the dreaded mountain slipped from view.