Chapter Eleven

November 2013

Scarlett and Romain have made up now but Scarlett is still quite mad at Romain but she forgives and never forgets.

Romain has began taking more responsibility of taking care of his daughter, he puts her to bed, feeds her, plays with her, calms her down when she is crying and stays up with her during the night if she wakes up.

Scarlett loves to see that Romain is really trying and not leaving her to do everything by herself.

Romain is playing with Melanie on the floor of her play pen while Scarlett sits and watches the cute interaction between her fiancé and daughter.

Melanie sees a toy a little bit far away from her and points to it while babbling.

"You want that toy munchkin?"Romain asks already knowing the answer, he leans over and grabs it before giving it to Melanie who gladly takes it and starts to shakes it and gives it to Romain to let him play as well.

Scarlett loves that her daughter is already sharing at such a young age, she isn't even one yet and she is sharing with her dada.

"I'm going to go and get some lunch, do you want anything?"Scarlett asks Romain who is playing peekaboo with Melanie.

"Can I have a cheese burger meal, large with a coke please honey?"Romain asks looking away from Melanie.

Scarlett nods and grabs her keys and leaves the house to go and get the food.

Romain looks at Melanie and she points to the dining table letting Romain know she is hungry.

Romain picks her up and puts her in her high chair before walking over to the pantry and getting a box of Mac and cheese out so he can cook it up for his daughter.

He makes Melanie the Mac and cheese and sets it on the highchair table for Melanie but without thinking he puts it on a breakable plate.

Melanie starts to eat it with her hands while Romain cleans up before he was going to go and feed Melanie but then there is a shattering sound making Romain turn around before hearing Melanie start to scream and cry.

He runs over to her and sees the plate on the floor along with her food, she screams and cries from the sound of the plate falling and the fright she has gotten.

Romain grabs a wipe and wipes Melanie's hands making sure he got everything because he knows Melanie hates having food on her hands and picks her up gently rocking her back and forth.

Scarlett walks into the room confused why Melanie is screaming and crying in Romain's arms.

"What happened?"Scarlett asks worried placing the bags of food on the counter carefully stepping the food and plate on the floor.

"I gave Melanie some Mac and cheese on a breakable plate with out thinking and she must of slapped her hand on the plate to get some of the food making it fall off the table and she got a fright from the plate smashing"Romain explains to Scarlett over his daughter's cries.

Scarlett nods and starts to clean up the floor while Romain calms Melanie down.

Melanie soon falls asleep after all her crying and Romain puts her in her crib upstairs and goes back downstairs to eat his lunch with Scarlett.