In a parallel universe #1

"Sidharth phone nahi utha raha" she pouted, looking at Ken, who was sitting on the floor, setting her plates together.

"You want him to see you now? I thought tu seedha surprise dene wali thi usko!" Ken spoke with the safety pink still between his teeth. She was one of the very few people he personally styled. Working with her a family affair. More fun, than work and he preferred keeping it personal with her.

"Footwear please, Sheetal?" He called his staff with what they had finally selected for her.

"Stilettos?" She asked confused, looking at the platform heels that were brought in. They were pretty too, silver and shimmer, going very well with the Saree that she was draping, but not her usual style.

"Sid maar dalega mujhe. He had specifically reminded me this morning, no pointed heels for you, in his words" he chuckled at the end of it. Shehnaaz had a soft smile on her face as she straightened the saree, gently caressing the little one who had just secured her place inside of her. 'Her' as Sidharth thought.

"Comfortable no darling? Kuch loose/tight karna hai? Fitting is fine?" Ken asked, as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Nahi, ekdum perfect...moti toh nahi lag rahi na?" She asked with hesitation, touching her stomach and trying to suck it in.

"Flat hai babe...chill kar...in fact, idhar dekh, sides loose toh nahi hai?" Ken asked, pointing to the side slit on her blouse.

"Nahi...comfortable hai...pehenane me toh...dekhne me?" She asked, doubtfully.

"Dekhne me kuch nahi pata chal raha...ekdum fairy lag rahe ho! Abhi makeup ke baad dekhna aap!" Ruby grinned at her, ready with the airbrush in her hand. Shehnaaz grinned at her and followed her to the dressing chair. 

She hummed to the Bhajan that played on her phone as her face was being primed. It was clearly Ma's influence on her and the fact that she wanted only positive vibrations to reach the little one, everyone in the family was being very careful about what was being played around her. It was just a little over nine weeks but upon Sidharth's clear instructions to prevent her from getting papped, she was insulated. Complimenting it was her own decision to stay off social media to the maximum extent possible.

"Iska 10 minutes a day ka social media play time hai?" Neetu Di would tease her when she accessed social media on the laptop after dinner each day.

She hummed to the Bhajan that expressed gratitude to Baba for all that he has given and felt a glow to her self. Ishe felt blessed and thinking of all that made her feel blessed, she missed him.

As if on cue, her phone buzzed, breaking the audio slightly.

Sidharth: Baby, you called?

He had texted and she had a huge smile seeing a text from her favorite person. Three years into the marriage, some things hadn't changed.

"Text kar lun? Problem toh nahi hoga na?" She asked and Ruby was perfectly alright with her texting. Her hair was being fixed at the moment.

Shehnaaz: Kutte, kabhi time pe phone nahi uthaya kar tu!

Sidharth: Chup be. Shot pe tha. Shoot started?

Shehnaaz: Maine kuch aisa pehna hai jo tujhe pasand aayega.

She smiled as she pressed send. She clicked a selfie, with least movement possible to not hamper the hairstylist's work. Once done, she waited for him to ask further but he didn't.

She frowned and kept her phone back, slightly irritated at him.

"Boring people" she muttered.