Prologue:

When he first burst into the room it was dark. But not dark enough to conceal the empty pill bottles scattered across the floor. But what used to be in the pill bottles was no where to be found . "Jesus" he muttered, while frantically looking for his friend. His best friend.
"Becca....BECCA!"
Frantically rechecking underneath the bed, her small bathroom, and finally. The closet. "Becca" he whispered hoarsely afraid to open the closet door. His heart seemed to constantly try to jump out of its throat. His face pale, his fingers shaking as they stretched  outward towards the closet door. He stopped. He had to breathe.
He found the body two minutes after mustering courage to open the door. She had stuffed herself in the closet. And snuggled beneath piles of clothes as if she tried to escape reality and live forever in the warm darkness. There were no dried tear trails on her face as he looked at her. Her wide brown eyes stared emptily at Jason. Her face, already stiffened with death, contained a blue tinged closed lipped smiled, as if to mock him. "You were too late" it mocked.
In her hand, he noticed, was a note. 
He stared at it silently, unable to comprehend the fact that he failed. He was too late, He couldn't save Becca. Finally, he began to uncrumple the notes, the touch of a cold hand causing shudders through his body. The sound of the paper crinkling, sounded to him, like broken glass shattering from a far away distance.
"I'm sorry, Jason, but I'm happy now" he read. Then he wept, silently and  broken.
20 minutes later the ambulance had collected the body and Jason sat sullenly in a chair as a police officer tried to question over and over again. Finally,  
Jason, already thoroughly questioned sat in silence in the dining room.
Both him and Becca were 12.

2 years later.

He scowled, crumpling the paper form his mother handed to him. ''Jason'' his mother reprimanded him gently. ''I know it's still hard to deal