GALGOTIAS STUDENTS SWEEP GATE 2015, IES 2015 & UPTU AWARDS

Galgotias students have performed outstandingly at several prestigious national competitive forums. Galgotias students have conquered the honours rolls at GATE 2015 and IES 2015 and swept the honours at the UPTU medal awards.

Galgotias mechanical engineering student Pratap scored high in the Indian Engineering Services Top 50, emerging 31st on the all-India IES honours rolls. At the recently concluded GATE 2015, Galgotias students Vishal Singh and Himanshu Shukla broke into the All India GATE Top 10 - scoring 8th and 9th positions on the all-India rankings. India's finest science and technology institutions such as IISc Bengaluru and all the IITs have invited them to join - among others. They are also flooded with invitations from Bharat Ratna tech-PSUs such as ONGC, IOCL, GAIL, NTPC, HPCL, NALCO - a common occurrence with all top-ranking GATE scorers. Several other Galgotias University engineering students have crossed the winning post in distinguished positions at the GATE 2015. The Galgotias University GATE 2015 Starlist includes Shashank, Nikhil, Bhupendra and Rohit who achieved the 36 th, 206 th, 529 th and 695 th ranks respectively.

Suneel Galgotia, Chancellor, Galgotias University, commented on the students' distinguished performance : "It is our intense industry-aligned education experience that imbues our student with superior thinking processes and universal analytical skills. I really do expect all Galgotias University students to create knowledge for the country and occupy leadership positions in industry and society."

The superb performances by Galgotias students at GATE 2015 and IES 2015 follow Galgotias students' recent domination of the UPTU Distinction Lists. Galgotias students were awarded the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals at UPTU, by his Excellency, Shri Ram Naik, the Hon'ble Governor of Uttar Pradesh. In the final medal tally, 7 Galgotias students distinguished themselves.

Galgotias University itself was awarded the DQ-ICT award yet again earlier this year for Excellence in Academics and Placements. Shri Narayan Murthy, Ex-Chairman Emeritus, Infosys conferred the prestigious award upon Galgotias University. The DQ-ICT Awards recognised Galgotias University's contribution to ICT knowledge creation through courses in emerging technologies in alliance with industry leaders like IBM and with distinguished global universities of the world such as Purdue University, University of Maryland, Goethe University etc. Galgotias university works diligently to build comprehensively-skilled manpower for ICT and many other industries - a fact well proven through campus placements with over 120 companies every year.