Run Away [complete]

All Rights Reserved © xxSMxx

Run Away:

**

CLACK CLACK CLACK!

The sound of the glass slippers hitting the stone stairs echoed against the bare walls of the passage. The dull yellow rays of the candle gave what little light it could to a very tense Rose as she ran downstairs in to the darkness.  

There was no time to stop and no time to muddle over the things happening around her, she had to get away. Her jet black hair glowed with a faint blue light and the olive green irises flickered between the various shades of light; the only signs that showed what she truely was...what she had been all along.

How could she have have been so stupid as to believe him! So naive as to fall into his web of lies! Her heart pounded against her chest as she continued to gauge her path into the never ending blackness hoping to find the entrance as soon as possible.

All her life she had been hidden from the outside world...from the preying eyes of the hunters who were after her blood.  

She was the last remaining descendent of the Thornwood family. It had been the family of Kings and Queens who had ruled the territory in the once glorious times, but now all that was left was rotten piles of bones and forgotten memories. 

Her mind wandered to the promise she had made to her butler and protector Eli. 

'You must run or they will find you. You must stay alive for it is the only hope in this world of hate and sorrow.' he had said while steadying the silver sword in his shaky hands. Even with the greying of hair and wrinkles on his face Eli had convinced Rose of his loyalty and power, of his will to fight until his last breath for her and her dying family. 

A single tear rolled down her face mingling with the dust and mud that clung to her face. She felt like a coward taking refuge in the secret passage of her ancient Victorian fortress while her servant stayed put to fight alone against her enemies. 

'Damn!' she cursed under her breath.  

If only things had been different if only her blood had been normal and not one of its kind! How she had wished for a normal life with Gabriel! But it had all ended because of him...because of that deceiving monster who had sold her secret to the hunters for a few coins of gold! 

She was foolish to have believed even for a second that this man...this hunter's son would be different than the rest she had been running away from. They were all the same...all of them filthy servants of vampires and other night creatures.

Rose had always kept her family secret to herself while she led a normal life like any other teenage girl. Her friends found her strange and the teachers eyed her with hidden curiosity but she ignored it all and continued with her way of life. Noone knew where she stayed or what she did after her school hours. They would have been terrified if they knew she was locked up in her mansion never allowed to go out until the dawn of next morning. 

But as fate would have it, she met the beautiful Gabriel on one of her many escape trips into the mountains in search of a new life. He had made her feel different...he had made her feel wanted. For once in her life Rose thought she didn't need to hide...didn't need to pretend to be normal. Gabriel had gained her trust and she had wished to share her terrible secret with him against all odds and warning from her worried protector. 

'I am a Blueblood.' Rose remembered uttering that sentence like a whisper too loud in the quite forest grounds. She had been too busy controlling her emotions to see the cunning smile that had whipped across his face or the evil glint in his eyes at having finally caught up with his said target. 

That evening Gabriel had hurried away dropping in the excuse of having some family business downtown. If only she had known about the plans in his mind...about the meetings he had held the moment he set foot in the Hunter's bar, she would have killed him then and there. 

Rose sighed, feeling the shame and guilt of what she had done!? Of what was about to follow. 

She wasn't smart but knew well about the night world and the contacts these hunters had. All they needed was a single buyer...a single vampire in need of the blood of a Blueblood. They were the rarerest of their kind with powers to heal the most fatal wounds of humans and creatures alike. It was because of this that the Purge had flooded their town and killed all of the surviving Bluebloods, drinking from them to gain eternal life and youth. 

'One drop of blood...just one drop of blood has the power of healing a vampire from his silver wounds and making him want for more of our blood.' Elisa Thornwood's voice whispered into her mind and more tears fell down her cheeks. 

She had lost her mother to these blood-thirsty animals when she was just five years old. Killed and tortured to death because she refused to give up the location of their family household. Joshua Thornwood, Rose's father had died drowning in the sorrow of his wife's murder. All she had left was Eli, but he too was going to be taken away from her. 

Rose took a deep breath and stepped onto the leveled ground that stretched out in front of her.  

The faint moonlight falling onto the ash-grey brick walls let her know she was near the end of the tunnel. 

She took a hesitant step forward and then another, but stopped. Rose turned around to look at the passage feeling the hollowness inside of her. She was about to leave behind everything she knew...everything that mattered to her and plung into the unknown. Was she ready for it? 

She took another deep breath and began to run as fast as she could. She prayed for the safety of her keeper...her protector..her Eli. There was no choice for her..no second chances.

She had to get out of it....she had to escape it all...she had to run away.

**