go with him // marco reus & mesut özil

I've had some time to myself and thought of this song fic thing. I used to read it all the time on fanfiction.com and thought they were cool and a easy one-shot sort of thing. And I freaking love the Beatles and I just so happen to be listening to this. And why not start my song fic one shots series with my two boyfriends Mesut and Marco.

//

Anna, you call and asked me girl. To set you free girl.

"halo?" I asnwered.

"Marco?" her light soft voice rang through my ears.

"y-yeah?" I spoke.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I don't want to hurt you, but he means alot to me."

"what are you saying?" a huge lump formed in throat.

"Let us go, let the thought of us go. " she sighed. "I think it's better if you and I seperate."

You say he loves you more than me, so I will set you free go with him.

we sat in our- my dining room. two cups of cold coffee and untouched cookies.

"he loves me." She answered. I asked her for the millionth time what she saw in him. what did he have that I did not and how was I able to change her mind. I didn't know what else to do.

"Anna, please." I begged her. "Please, don't do this. don't go to Mesut. stay with me please. I promise, I can change your mind, I'll treat you better, just please don't leave me. I love you too."

"I'm sorry Marco, I love you, yes but I fell in love with mesut." She shook her head. "There's a difference of loving someone and then being in love with someone. I didn't mean for this to happen. Mesut feels terrible, but you can't help who you fall for."

Anna, girl before you go now. I want you to know now, that I still love you so but if he loves you more, go with him.

"I love you so much." I whispered in her ear as I hugged her. Holding her in my arms probably for the last time ever.

"I know Marco." She sniffed. "I'm so sorry."

"just tell him to treat you right." I sighed, I had no other true words to say. "and please just don't break his heart." Like you broke mine. Mesut may have caused me unbearable pain, but he was still my teammate and a good friend. I knew he didn't intentionally cause for this to happen, he was a really good guy and the least he could do was take care of Anna.

All of my life, I've been searching for a girl, to love me like I love you.

International break arrived like a storm, fast and unexpected. I tried not to look at Mesut as much. every time i'd glance in his direction, the thought of them together flashed through my mind. I knew instead of me, he was going home to her. She was snuggling close to him while they slept. He got to kiss her goodnight, hold her everynight, whereas I had my pillow for comfort.

"you okay bro?" Mario cautiously asked me. He had the look if worry and sadness written all over his face. The whole team had that look every time I caught them staring at me. Everyone found out about the problem with Mesut, Anna and I quicker than I thought they would. They all wore the same look of pity every time we talked.

"yeah, i'm fine." I looked over my shoulders at Mesut. He was joking and laughing with Sami and Manu while I stood here sulking and trying my best to show everyone that I was happy.

"he thinks you hate him." Marco said.

"I don't" maybe a part of me resented him for the pain he caused, but he wasn't a bad guy. He had a good heart, I know that. If he was happy then it was okay, at least thats what I kept telling myself. As long as they were happy together, everything was okay right?

But every girl i've ever had, breaks my heart and leaves me sad. What am I supposed to do now?

" I don't hate you." The words poured out of my mouth faster than a water falling down a water fall. Mesut stood there shocked, he had not expected me to approach him that night after our match.

"you don't?" He asked, not sure if he should believe me or not. "because I understand if you do, what I did was unbelievably wrong and I didn't mean any harm to come to you. It just kind if happened and I guess I never truly manned up and apologize to you instead I took the cowardly way and hid from you."

It was true. I noticed he tried his best to keep his distance from me whenever we were around one another, the only time we had contact was when he assisted that goal against Georgia for me and he gave me a quick high five and a pat on the back but not a hug like he used to give me. "no, I don't hate you but it will take time for me to get used to seeing you with Anna, I did love her with all my heart."

"I am genuinely sorry, if it means anything, I haven't got much rest knowing that you haven't accepted my apology which caused me to underperform." Mesut, always feeling guilty for everything,

"don't worry about, you're my brother I love you man and if she makes you happy then have her." hardest thing that had to come out of my mouth. I just gave up on Anna right then and there.

Anna, just one more thing girl, you give back your ring to me and I will set you free, go with him.

"This is all." Anna stood in what used to be our living room with the last of her boxes. she stood there glowing and looked as beautiful as ever.

"I guess that's all." I looked at her awkardly. how did we get like this? I kept thinking. She smiled a forced smile at me, which didn't help at all.

"I wanted to give this back to you." she fished out of her pocket and held in her palm the diamond ring I gave her almost a year ago.

we were enagged. after 5 and a half years of dating, I finally got on one knees for her and asked her for her hand in marriage. We were to get married in 5 months time.

"keep it." I closed her palm. "It's yours."

"I have no use for it."

Ouch. of course not. "right."

Go with him, Anna, go with him.

well I guess this is it. I thought to myself. I stood in the doorway of my house and I watched Mesut and Anna loading her stuff into the back of the black range rover.

"That's everything." they both stood in front of me, hand in hand.

"Yeah."

"I'll miss you and your pancakes." Anna smiled shyly, she didn't want to say anything that would make this whole situation more awkward than it already was.

"yeah." was all that could come from my mouth.

Mesut looked back and fourth between us. "well I guess I'll see you soon bro."

"yeah" I nodded.

without anything else they turned around, walking towards the car. They were leaving the country and going back to London and most likely be together forever.

I watched the car drive away into the distance until it was just a tiny dot and then it sunk in that I was actually alone. she was never going to come back. my Anna was gone forever.

//

hey thanks for reading and it means alot, if you can please give me feedback if this is a good idea or if I should just delete this bc idk where this song fic one shots will go.