Chapter One: The Broken Dome

Buzz. "Flare Jacobson. Stand forward please." The woman said, checking her notebook. "You will be taken to head quarters." Flare looked up at her with curiosity of what was going to happen. "Come on now. Don't want to disappoint them." The woman smiled at Flare. "Y-yes ma'am." Flare tripped over his words due to the pressure he was under. "Very kind. The officers will like that." Flares eyes got big as he realized he had just got in a fight with inmate number 726. He had won but that was bad. He had literary bashed the poor kids head in. Though, in Flares defense, 726 attacked him first.

"They're expecting you." She said opening the door for him, smiling widely. He smiled back and thanked her for her kindness.

"Flare Jacobson?" The man asked, looking down at the paper. "Yes, sir." He stood with his shoulders back and his arms tangled together behind him. "You have gotten in fights recently." Jacobs heart pounded. "Yes, sir, I have." The man looked dead at him and stared into his eyes.

"Your skills and techniques are amazing." The man said, grinning. "We would like to recruit you to section 8." He began putting his paper down. "They are going on a mission out of the dome and they need strong men, like yourself." A smile grew on Flares pale face. He put his hand to his heart and bowed. "Sir, I promise you have not made a mistake," Flare began to speak. "I will do whatever will please this capitol." The man smiled and rested his hands on his desk. "Get whatever he needs, Melinda." The man ordered the lady. "No, sir, she has done enough. I shall go and retrieve my things." Flare stood all the way up and walked out the door bidding his farewell."

"They're really sending you?" Jacklyn asked with sorrow in her eyes. "Yes, they are." Flare said with pride. "I guess getting into fights is a good thing. They might hire you too. I mean you got the literal agility of a cat." Flare said with a smile then proceeded to ruffle Jacklyn's short fluffy hair. "Yeah..." She said. "Ill make a request. How about that?" He asked with a smile. Jacklyn looked up at the taller boy. "Yeah! That'd be great!" She said.

"So this is your last night?" She asked with a dreadful tone in her voice. "Yeah..." Flare began "but don't worry!" He exclaimed. "I'll be sure to come back alive." He said, wrapping Jacklyn in his arms. Jacklyn smiled and hugged him back.

After the hug, Jacklyn back off before standing on her tippy toes. She then pecked him on the lips and hugged him again. Flares face burned a bright red as he hugged her back. "I love you, Flare..." Flares face got redder. "I-I love you too" he said with a smile. "I love you so much." He hugged her tighter in his big arms.

The next morning, it was time for his departure. "Goodbye, Jacklyn." He said waving at her. It was difficult for her to accept the fact that he was going on a dangerous trip and may not be coming back alive.

As Flare aboarded the ship, he started thinking about what had happened in the past couple of years. He was hated by the Government and now he will become their jewl.

"Mr. Jacobson?" The man from yesterday called to him. Flare turned to see the tall man. He was dressed in a business suit and had his beard nicely trimmed.

"Yes sir?" Flare said in a stern voice. "I hope your trip to section 8 is wonderful." The man said before walking back out the room. "Thank you, sir." He thanked the man.

This is the things we do. Its honestly disgraceful.We pay attention to simple things yet turn our heads for the more important things. We are simple living things. We live, we wonder, we die. We are thrown never ending cycle. We are captured in an untrue world. Full of liars, lust, and death. We are humans. We live among animals. We rule things. Pass rules to lesser creatures, such as our own kind. We live in a monarchy. If you don't have wealth nor power, you are hopeless. This is how we live. This is mankind. Humans, we are mother natures mistakes. Once meant to be pure and strong, now wanting to be the next big thing. We ignore things that are important and turn are heads to meaningless things. This is the things that we do. Its honestly disgraceful.