The Back of the School

The goths told me to meet them at the back of the school. The way they talked about why I needed to it seemed like I was going to apply to join them.

After homeroom I met them in the back of the school.

"Hey," I grunted.

"Bridgette Michaels. 16 year old younger, smarter, less preppy twin sister of Jane. Officially left the bitch squad on the bus this morning. Has no friends. Enjoys coffee and seemed to like the cigarettes we gave her earlier," the little one said.

"Was that really necessary, Firkle?" The girl said.

"Henrietta, stop picking on Firkle and let Michael deal with her," a partially red haired guy said.

"Bridgette, we've been keeping a bit of an eye on you lately. We've noticed your displeasure with your sister and her friends. In fact, we've placed bets on when you would go from them to us," Michael said, "Now answer this. What did you ever like about the bitch squad?"

"I dunno," I said, "I guess I just tried to see past their shit and stuff but recently I couldn't. Then they tried to make me conform."

"Let's let her in, Michael," Pete said. Then he whispered into his ear something I couldn't pick up.

"Yea sure why not. Bridgette you need a less preppy name and Pete go take her to get some damn coffee," Michael said.

Cool, new friends. Henrietta and Firkle looked pretty chill and shit, but damn, Michael and Pete looked fucking hot.

"Come on, Bridge, lets get you some cancer rolled into paper and the flames to ignite your new, non-conformist identity." Pete said.